Causing/kick starting a mc?

Eryinera

Reaction score
Ok hmm just need a little advice. Just wondered if there is anything I can do or take to speed this up? I know my baby has died and I'm waiting for the inevitable. I'm starting to feel a bit better health wise but I'm not there yet. I am a control freak. I just wanted to know what if anything can speed up the inevitable if I felt I was getting better or what can slow it down if anything if I'm feeling worse. I know that medical management sort of dies this but is thete a more narural way to do it? Basically I'm trying to sync my heart health and my uterus situation. Just to feel like im doing something. My heart condition is causing me to have panic attacks for no real reason so I need to feel as in control as possible. Also I really want to get back to ttc again!

Last edited:
I dont really know but I wonder if some one skilled in acupuncture or herbal medicine/ homeopathy could help? Not the same but I had some retained placenta after dd and the MW recommended a herb to take that helps 'clean' and contract your uterus. I didn't take it because I couldnt get it on short notice and thankfully it had already resoved itself. Of course you'd have to make sure it was safe for your heart.

Last edited:
That sounds interesting can you remember what herb? My doctor is calling me on Monday so I can ask about these things then.

Last edited:
Sorry I cant remember the name :(. In the end I tried rasberry leaf tea like you are supposed to take before labour and it did seem to increase my cramping and bleeding temporarily.

Ahhh yea that rings a bell actually. I'll see if I can get some of that.

Edit: ordered some for Tuesday so I can speak.to doc first.

Last edited:
i dont know if this helped speed mine. but i did 20 sit ups an hour later i was fully started on miscarriage i only believe it started mine as ive never done sit ups really and perhaps it squashed my unterine muscles xx

I won't be able to do that yet but I'll bare it in mind. I've been giving some thought to the medical management route

they offered me that. my baby died at 6weeks its taken 6 weeks to get bleeding xx

I don't know how far along you were but foetus needs to be less than size of 8 weeks for medical management

Sorry to hear of your loss xxx

I was 8 weeks it died at 7 weeks like the other 2. All within days of gestation.

I was 9weeks and had medical management but they sed i didnt need the pills beforehand but pessaries didnt work so ended up with them anyway which i found confusing an slightly irritated at xx

Can you ttc straight away after medical management or do you have to wait like ectopic treatment?

They said as soon as we were ready we could try again so wen the bleeding stopped we dtd just more for fun and to get back to some normality i know some people get pregnant quickly but for us it took 10months which is quick compared to others and i am truly grateful we have bn blessed again

And il b honest we werent trying trying no opks just hitting and hoping didnt even dtd that often xx

That's reassuring I think I'm going to do that if it doesn't start soon.providing they let me. They wouldn't do it earlier I need to get the ok from doctors first.

I am so sorry you have had another MMc I would speak with your GP about medical management, I am based in Ireland and the approach to MMC's is very different I have had two MMC's first time I found out at 11 weeks that baby had died at 8weeks, 2nd time I was expecting twins and had seen heartbeats at 8weeks but at 10week scan they had both died. I was a private patient, first time I had a confirmation scan & D&C 3 days later , 2nd time I had a confirmation scan and D&C the day after I found out. In Ireland they normally do the D&C within days, they did not give me a choice to pass naturally as they said waiting increased risk of getting an infection. The approach within the NHS sounds very different it's probably down to costs / hospital beds but I don't see a good reason why they would leave someone 4 to 6 weeks waiting to miscarry when they know their baby has died, it must be very emotionally distressing. Both times after D&C I had only light spotting and I ovulated around 23days after D&C and my cycles were normal. Big hugs x

I'm really scared of the surgery route do they do it under general? I've only been under general once but I swore never again. I don't know how they would do local down there. I had one day which looked like things were starting I had brown stuff but that's stopped now as well
So fustrating.

It would be GA if u opted for surgery which is wat scared me as i was scared i wouldnt wake up

I didnt pass everything in one go so they said i might need to go to theatre an i refused told them if they wanted to remove the rest which was the placenta they could do it on the ward with no anaesthetic which they did xx

Cant a D&C be done with a spinal?

Last edited:
They never offered me that said it would be GA so i refused

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
confettiblue
Back