Cause - The flu??

firstangel

Reaction score
Hi, just been to my GP for a checkup as I had an infection after my D & C, and she has said that it is more than likely the Flu that caused me to miscarry???

None of the midwifes, or docs in hospital said this, but maybe they didnt know I had just had the flu ???

Anyone had this??

I now feel terrible, like its my fault! :think: :cry:

Hi,

so sorry for your loss. To be honest I hadn't heard of this before but I Googled it and found this:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/ask_the_doc ... yflu.shtml

I know it's easy to say and hard to accept but it really wasn't your fault hun even if it was the flu. Anyone could get flu at any time, there isn't anything you can do about avoiding it so it was in no way your fault and you can't be sure it was that anyway. I've read a lot of books about miscarriage since mine and really, until you've had three and sometimes even after tests there isn't always an obvious 'cause'. It's hard to accept this I know but I think it's just one of those really bad things that just happens to people.

Personally I felt like I needed a 'cause' in order to be brave enough to face trying again so I've had acupuncture and he said I was out of balance and he's 'fixed' it. Truth or not it helps me to believe that he's right for now.

Take care and PM me if you want to talk about it
+++

aaww sweetie, I am so sorry for your loss. Please don't blame yourself :hug: :hug: :hug:

Its never your fault to get ill!!! How can you control something like that?

Its so sad to have a miscarriage but never blame yourself its just one of those sad things. :hug:

It is in no way your fault hun.

I had really really really bad flu before we knew we were expecting. I must have been about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant.. I was forever taking lemsips, nurofen etc and my temperature was through the roof.

Don't blame yourself for this at all!

:hug: :hug: :hug: so sorry :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi ya

It's one of those questions that you will never know the true answer to.

I think sometimes you need a reason for it so that you can understand why or could in someway prevent it from happening again.

You mustn't blame yourself, how could it have been your fault?

Hope your doing ok :hug: :hug:

thanks girls

I know it isnt really my fault, but you know whats its like, you just think If I had done something diffrent, maybe it would have been ok!

but it will all work out in the end, and hopefully be pregnant again this year ! fingers crossed xxx

night night :sleep: :sleep:

Hmmm I don't know about that...

I mean yeahj maybe if you had serious hardcore flu which made you extremly dehydrated but even then...

I guess sometimes I think about women who are in third world countires who are very malnourished or ill...

I guess sometimes we'd love to find out exactly why it happened but I don't think theres allways a direct cause...

Hope you feel yourself soon

:hug:

Hi,

Really sorry to hear of your loss. It is really difficult to know for sure and even the experts are divided on the subject.

When I had my m/c last year I had a badly infected finger nailbed. The start of the infection must have coincided roughly with discovering I was pregnant (I had trapped the finger in a door a month previously). Had 2 courses of antibiotics (which didn't work) but then I m/c. Docs said it would have been nothing to do with the infection or the antibiotics but I remain unconvinced because the infection continued for a further 3 months before I had surgery; have never had trouble conceiving before but it just didn't happen whilst I had that infection! However, 2 weeks after the surgery (nailbed removed/ cautouised) I conceived!!

I've just had to accept that it is one of those things I'll never know (beat myself up for months about it and it has taken a long time to get over that). All I can say really is don't be too hard on yourself. It could well be nothing to do with the flu anyway (I've had a constant string of horrible viruses since being about 7 weeks this time and have been fine) but even if it was, it wasn't your fault, it really wasn't. You're probably sick of people saying it, but it does get easier in time, honest.

All the best and take care :hug:

DaisyRose said:
Hi,

Really sorry to hear of your loss. It is really difficult to know for sure and even the experts are divided on the subject.

When I had my m/c last year I had a badly infected finger nailbed. The start of the infection must have coincided roughly with discovering I was pregnant (I had trapped the finger in a door a month previously). Had 2 courses of antibiotics (which didn't work) but then I m/c. Docs said it would have been nothing to do with the infection or the antibiotics but I remain unconvinced because the infection continued for a further 3 months before I had surgery; have never had trouble conceiving before but it just didn't happen whilst I had that infection! However, 2 weeks after the surgery (nailbed removed/ cautouised) I conceived!!

I've just had to accept that it is one of those things I'll never know (beat myself up for months about it and it has taken a long time to get over that). All I can say really is don't be too hard on yourself. It could well be nothing to do with the flu anyway (I've had a constant string of horrible viruses since being about 7 weeks this time and have been fine) but even if it was, it wasn't your fault, it really wasn't. You're probably sick of people saying it, but it does get easier in time, honest.

All the best and take care :hug:

Aww thanks, thats sad to hear your story....

I am not being to hard on myself, have realised that there was nothing I could have done about it, so I just ahve to move on and concintrate on geeting better and then soon back to trying again !

xx

Hi,

Thanks, it sounds like you're doing really well and I really hope you feel up to ttc again soon - it's very scary but there's every chance it'll be absolutely fine next time around and you'll have a healthy baby.

All the best and take care, :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back