Cat Pee..

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
I can smell it. One of the cats has peed somewhere in the living room, but I cant find it! Any tips for getting rid of the smell? Ive had the windows open and put out scented candles but its driving me mad!

we have extreme problems with one of out cats but citrus seems to make it smell less so i'd give that a go. If you find any thing else please let me know xx

None, I had a nightmare with my cat as I got heavily pregnant it seems to piddle everywhere the hygiene in the house was far more important to me that we rehomed her.

sprinkle bicarbondate of soda on the carpets leave for a few hours then hoover it up. It absorbs odours. You could use shake n vac but its smells all chemically to me so I prefer using bicarb cos it seems more natural. If you dont know where the smells coming from do the whole carpet and the sofas, then wash any cushions. You have to blitz everything in one go otherwise the smell seems to get reabsorbed. Hope you get those kittys trained before you get more pregnant, must be a nightmare having to sort it out.

I tired it all and it never worked lol

I know cat pee is the worst!!! i think it holds it odour cos they mark their territory. it definately penetrates all the stuff around it. OH wanted a cat when we moved into our new house but i refused cos of the peee!

my cats isnt to bad she uses the cat litter tray all the time the only time she ends up peeing somewhere is if her tray hasnt been cleaned out but its regualarly done but if not she pees in the bathroom shes neer done it on the carpet ever i know its not nice but id rather her do it on the bathroom floor then the carpet if shes that desprate and oh hasnt got round to cleaning her tray out, you can get some good carpet cleaning stuff like fabreeze or something like that that washes the carpet they need to be trained otherwise kitty me wee in the cot or moses basket or on the pram how many litter trays do they have and do you keep water down all the tym for them if you do just put water down just when they have something to eat then pick it up afterwards there abit like dogs wen it comes to water myn doesnt like water or milk in a dish shell drink it from the bathroom tap when its running

Thanks guys, will try the bicarb tomorrow, febreeze fabric thingie hasnt worked. They are both normally perfect on litter boxes, I think the kitten just had a "OMG i need to go NOWWWW" moment, shes still really lil but its the only accident theres ever been thank god.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back