How to get Fire smoke out of flat?

Momma`Kat

Reaction score
So, Some idiot set fire to something a couple floors below me.. And the entire building is super thick with smoke right now.. Ive opened the windows but only the living room is really habitable right now.. and well its getting worse in here too. Other than opening the windows is there much i can do to get rid of it? Ive put the cats in the kitchen cause thats furthest from the front door where its coming in, and have the extractor fan on for them in there. I might end up camping in there too if it keeps coming in! Firemen came up and just told me to open windows, I put a wet towel onfront of the front door aswell to try and stop it.. but its not working.

Oh my goodness :| How long ago?

The best you can do is what you are doing ...trying to prevent the smoke coming in further and keeping all windows in the flat open. TBH I would say go out for the whole day leaving them open.

Ended up sleeping in the living room as the bedroom was far to smokey to sleep in but seemed to have cleared a lot by this morning, have gone out and left windows open as it still stinks though, and no soot damage that i can find, my neighbour got it though.

:dohh: I didn't see the time it was posted, sorry.

Flat that went on fire trashed? How did it happen?

The floor where it started has been blocked off so cant see damage, but supposedly started when a couch went up, someone prolly dropped a fag or something. Lifts still arent working which is a right pain, but im staing at mums tonight to avoid the hassle of 12 flights heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back