Lifting stuff

Helen

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone knew how much is safe to lift or carry? I feel a bit twitchy about carrying anything and wondered if I'm being over sensitive.

Like... is my notebook in it's carry case too heavy? How much in the way of shopping is too heavy? Bought a 4pt of milk and a big tub of marg yesterday and carried them separately.

How much are you carrying/lifting?

Ta

H

xx

As little as possible, it's not a case of harming the baby but with all your muscles and ligaments softening you do have to be a little bit more careful in the early stages (me thinks).

Yeah, its not a case of harm to the baby. But your body produces relaxin hormone which makes your ligiments softer and stretchier to cope with the growing baby and child birth, so it makes you more prone to pullin muscles. If you obey lifting rules like holding things close to the body, not reaching out with weight and left from the legs not the back you should be fine. Just aviod really strenuous lifting in case you hurt your back etc.

ive just been sensible with things, not putting too much in shopping bags etc, i think you kinda know when you overdo it, like doing a big shop on my own last week and i got to the counter and thought OMG ive got to unload all of this from the trolley then pack it all again then put it in my car, wish OH was here. the woman on the till was about 60 and she said would you like help with packing, i wanted to say yes so much but she prob would have thought what the hell do you need help for! :lol: :roll:

take it as easy as you can for a few weeks helen, dont do too much stenuous stuff, if you dont really need to lift something then dont lift it. :wink:

I'm still not lifting much lol - it's a good excuse to get OH to do the hoovering! When I do lift stuff, it's with care.

I carried my laptop in its case, was just careful not to lift it up too quickly etc, also went to do the shopping then thought - oops!! So evened out the bags, then as a stroke of luck I bumped into a mate outside so he carried them back for me (bless!) and then I made a vow to make OH come shopping with me every time since - which he's chuffed about :lol:

Just take it as easy as you can, follow your head and if in doubt - don't lift it :hug:

Hi there. I was weight lifting in my first tri. My Mum shouted at me although I do live with a bodybuilder who knows what he is doing, but I stopped for a bit though just in case. I might start it up again now.

If your knickers roll down on their own when they didn't used to can i say i have a bump? :D

Hi

My ;ast pregnancy i didnt lift anything heavy no one would even let me anyways, plus i have a horrible back as is.
The only thing though im gonna have to carry Kiara around still and surely that cant be good? but guess every second time mom does it and its fine just gotta do it carefully
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back