Carpal Tunnel?

Delamere19

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm almost 7 weeks pregnant and have been having really bad pain in my hands and wrists. It seems to happen at night mostly and it feels like it's my tendons and I find it hard to move my hands. I've been reseacrching on line and carpal tunnel seems to come up. Is it possible to have this so early in pregnancy? It's really painful.

Cath x

no advice but it may be worth seeing ur GP :flower:

I had this during my second pregnancy and it used to keep me awake all night. It did start later on, but if you think that's what it is I'd let your midwife know now as you can be referred to a physio to get some splints to wear at night. Mine started with numbness and thingling rather than pain though - they were very painful once it got more severe but I also had no feeling in the tips of my thumb and first two fingers by that stage! The joys of pregnancy eh?! :lol:

Hope you find something that helps

I'm not due to see the midwife til 21st Jan so I have made appt for GP on Tuesday.

Thanks x

I had it with my last. It's not nice at all is it. :( The only good news I can give you is that for me it went very soon after I had her.

No advice here but it sounds very painful, I hope you get it resolved :)

Hi Delamere,
I have carpal tunnel syndrome and its is becoming quite servere (pre-pregnancy). I have had it ten years and am starting to loose power in my wrists and thumbs and was looking into having an operation to hopefully solve the problem; i'm only 29 too. Then we found we were pregnant and it is the only thing that worsens for me during pregnancy. By week 7 it had already started to play up more at night and during the day when doing repetitive actions. Its fluid retention that makes it worsen. For me splints and physio have never worked and I have found that i have to pace myself when doing work with my hands, but i'm rubbish at that too - always doing something daft and paying for it the next day or two! The only thing i find relieves the pressure is to hang my arms over the side of the bed in the morning - i can't clench a fist or feel my fingers most mornings until i have done this. Some people say that putting your hands in cold water helps but thats the last thing i want to do in the morning!

Sorry for the long post - all that said you should see you GP just incase it isn't. If it is i'm sure he wil offer you some treatment and i have heard it is fairly common during pregnancy and usually resolves itself once babe is born.

Welcome and congrats too

oh girls this sounds horrible!!! I hope you get it sorted out soon x

Thanks ladies.

Joanne- thanks for your insight. I am sorry you have suffered with this for so long.

I was wondering if 7 weeks was too early to have it starting but you answered my question!

Lot's of luck and happiness in your pregnancy. xx

Cath xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back