Card Makers?

MrsBrightside

Reaction score
Hiya Id love to try making my own Christmas cards this year as love getting arts and crafty at Christmas time when its dark and cold outside and there is no where better to be then in the house in front of the fire.

I was just wondering if anyone know where is the best place to buy like a bulk starter pack that's not going to break the bank???

Thanks girls!! xxC

I love making cards and have just started my Christmas cards. I get most of my card making stuff from ebay their is loads of choice and not going to break the bank. You could try shops like :think: The stationary shop, The works etc they might have some :) Have fun :)

Sarah LJ makes her own cards :) I think Babylicious does do.

I make all my own cards and have found that the packs you buy arent worth it (I havent used most of the bits i've got in mine) you can buy all the bits inc tissue paper, card, glue, writing stickers from Wilkos, WHsmiths, Sainsburys and majority of the Stationary & craft shops

I do indeedy :D

If you have a local craft show nearby thats the best place to look really for a kit so to speak.

In my local craft shop they do goody bags with bits of all sorts in. Your best going along to have a ook at things but just give me a yell on msn chick and ill help you dedcide on stuff if you want (i may also have a few bits i could send as im cross stitching mine)

I made my own wedding invites and thank you cards - got card and envelopes from the Paper Mill Shop and other bits, ie ribbons, bows, flowers from Ebay & dead cheap too :D

Tescos do a card making magazine that has loads of embellishments, but the magazine is pretty minimal of tips and techniques.

A do crafts bag might be worthwhile for a place to start.

Sandi

Emma79 said:
I made my own wedding invites and thank you cards - got card and envelopes from the Paper Mill Shop and other bits, ie ribbons, bows, flowers from Ebay & dead cheap too :D

I am too ;)

I got the card from a site and they ribbon and embellishments from the internet too

try calico crafts or mad about cards

if you go to the do craft site you'll also find some ideas xx

Hi Mrs Brightside
I use these quite a bit, very reasonably priced. http://www.imag-e-nation.com/ Their online shop is being overhauled at the mo but they have a shop called City Art Shop in Sunderland their addy is on the website hope it helps. I love making cards , don't have as much time now with LO.

awww thanks for that hun, I will try and get over into town, hate going but if it means I can make my cards then ill be a happy bunny! xx

Using stamp works out cheaper when making many of a similar design but make sure you get a dye ink not a pigment otherwise you'll have to emboss it (then you'll need a heat tool, embossing powder - kerching!)

For a novice a Do Crafts bag (Approx £9.99) is ideal for a starter set. QVC (http://www.qvc.co.uk) and Create and Craft (http://www.createandcraft.tv/homepage.aspx) both do kits which are reasonably priced (create and craft tend to have better deals)

Ebay is also a good place to get items in bulk as people have clear outs of items they've outgrown or their style has changed.

If you need any more help gimmie a shout, I run a busy cardmaking group on yahoo :)

Hi

I had a look in Tesco's the other day because this year I am letting Isaac make our christmas cards. I'm going to buy the card but then just use a sponge to cut out a christmas tree shape for Isaac to stamp with. Then I'll make another one for the tree pot and then for the inside I'll buy a gold pen to write a message.

Yeah,,,,they'll be crap :) But who can hate a card made by a 2 year old? :wink:

:lol:

Lou said:
Hi

I had a look in Tesco's the other day because this year I am letting Isaac make our christmas cards. I'm going to buy the card but then just use a sponge to cut out a christmas tree shape for Isaac to stamp with. Then I'll make another one for the tree pot and then for the inside I'll buy a gold pen to write a message.

awww no they will be amazing if the wee man made them!! I cant wait till next Christmas cause im going to make them with paint prints of LO's hand I think

MrsBrightside said:
Lou said:
Hi

awww no they will be amazing if the wee man made them!! I cant wait till next Christmas cause im going to make them with paint prints of LO's hand I think

Thanks :) I may just pinch your hand idea and make the hand prints with silver paint to look like snow flakes :) or green for christmas trees?...hmmm?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back