Card for OH

Slinky Sarah

Reaction score
I have made a card for my OH...was gonna be a Father's Day card but just turned it into a general card. on the front it says i love you, on the back it says always.

Got a lovely little poem in it that i found on the net. and ive wrote a little something from bean and my self in it...got very tearful whilst doing it. Should go lovely with the keyring i have got him too. I jsut now dont know whether to give it to him now or wait till fathers day/get the keyring

sorry hun ive only just seen this so sorry nobody has replied :hug: hun i think what you have done is very special :hug: i personaly would give it him on fathers day but its up to you as only you know which he would prefer :hug: xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks for your reply hun
TBH i dont think im going to give him it.
I had to tell him about the keyring (he wanted to use the card lol so kinda had to tell him). He said he wishes i hadnt really got it cos its alot of money (about £25 ish) and he would rather just forget about it. I tried calling to cancel but it has already been shipped out now :( wont be able to return it either cos its specially engraved with the date, stone and gestation...

I basically wrote a little message from 'bean' saying that they love there daddy always and that they will always be watching over us. THen i wrote a little message from me saying that i know our little angel bean would always look out for us all and that one day we will give bean a little brother/sister. Dont think it will go down well really with him wanting to just forget

Im sorry im getting a little upset remembering what i put :cry:

Hi hun, sorry i dont come in here often just to see if i can offer any support. I was wondering maybe its still a bit raw for him right now but when you have another child maybe give it to him then, he will be so elated with your new baby it will probably ease the pain and be easier for him to accept the lovely gesture and give him something to remember your little bean with. Maybe next Father's Day along with the present from a new baby as well? Just a thought, hope you dont think im being intrusive. :hug:

xxsammyxx said:
Hi hun, sorry i dont come in here often just to see if i can offer any support. I was wondering maybe its still a bit raw for him right now but when you have another child maybe give it to him then, he will be so elated with your new baby it will probably ease the pain and be easier for him to accept the lovely gesture and give him something to remember your little bean with. Maybe next Father's Day along with the present from a new baby as well? Just a thought, hope you dont think im being intrusive. :hug:

thank you for your reply hun :) :hug: I think thats a good idea actually. He is still blaming himself for it all and finds it hard to talk about it. I keep wanting to tlak aout it but i think he is just listening cos he feels he has to as such not cos he really wants to iykwim.

Thank you for your idea though hun :) i will do that....not sure when another baby is gonna come along....we arent really trying anymore atm...

Hi hun, men sometimes grieve in a different way to women. My OH doesnt like to cry in front of me as he thinks it makes him less of a man, though of course it doesnt!!! It may take some time for him to heal but in no time at all you will be TTC again and pregnant and the time will fly by! I'm sure he would really appreciate the lovely gift when he is feeling better and I would give it to him on Fathers Day when you have a little one. I think you will be pleasantly surprised by his appreciation. Is such a nice gift it would be a shame to waste it on him just feeling sad. Good luck in whatever you decide :hug:

well the keyring and necklace came today....they are beautiful I have my necklace on now but IM not iwth OH atm so gotta wait to show him, i think im going to wait with the card...see how this goes down first

well i gave him the keyring...i dont know what he has done with it...all he said was its lovely but i dont get why it was so expensive lol (he didnt say it nasty though, but it did upset me a little )

Dont think i will bother with the card, dont think he will like it really

Hi hun, I dont think he meant it ungratefully. I think maybe he was a little overwhelmed and emotional and didnt quite know what to say to fill the gap if you know what i mean. I'd maybe hold back from giving him the card at the moment. Im sure he will come to terms with his grief and accept the situation eventually (even if its in his own time) Im sorry you both have to go through this heartbreaking situation and I hope you both get back to normal asap!!! Hugs for you both :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back