Carbon Monoxide

Tiny Sue

Reaction score
Is colourless and odourless. It causes no pain or extreme reactions, people who are poisoned in this way just fall asleep and never wake up. Please keep yourself informed about this dangerous gas. Gas heaters, cookers, or internal oil boilers are a potential risk.

Our boiler has been causing trouble lately and yesterday we had it fixed. Unfortunately it released some fumes after the serviceman had gone and both OH and I felt woozy. We were worried about Naomi and later that evening, despite opening all the windows and doors and airing the house out, the place still stank of strange fumes - there may or may not have been CO gas present.

However we found Naomi very hard to wake, she was drowsy and wouldn't wake even when we pinched her - which I hated doing. I didn't like the look of her so into A&E we went, only to be sent to another A&E about 30 miles away in an ambulance with OH driving behind. The doctors there were very good - they did manage to wake her and told us nothing was wrong, it was late at night and she was bound to be sleepy...but I know my baby and she wasn't right lastnight.

She's fine now thank God, but we are stopping at OH parents until that boiler is sorted.

Check out your boilers!

Sue

Glad you all ok.

I need to get my fire cleaned out cos it's never been done in the ten years OH has lived her so god knows when it was last done! :? I keep meaning to find a gas man but they so expensive :(

hi Tiny Sue

How horrible that must have been for you.

There are Carbon Monoxide alarms availible I have just found a link http://www.carbon-monoxide-detectors.co.uk/

they arn't really cheap but are worth it especially if you have a gas fire, as carbon monoxide is extremely dangerous.

xSuzx

that must have been horrid. you poor thing...

me and kris were watching a show the other week and the gas pipe was outside her sons bed room windoe he was only 2 she went in in the morning he was dead it had been leaking into his room, now i have about 5 testers around my house there only a couple of pound well worth

I work for British Gas and we have a sevicing contract for boilers and gas appliances. They cover parts and labour for any faults (we took it out as Jess was due in winter if we had no heating and a baby we knew they would call out same day) and they service the appliances once a year. Its £13 to £16 a month but worth it for the peace of mind.

This has reminded me to get some detectors thanks :)

I was very organised and got my boiler checked out 2 weeks before Phoebe was born :lol:

You should have it checked once a year. :roll:

Didn't realise you could get Carbon Monoxide alarms though :? Will definately be investing in one of those :lol:

I worry about this as the outlet pipe bit is in the roof of the utility area which is right beneath Ella's bedroom window. So I guess if the boiler went wrong then the fumes would come out of there.

I wanted to do the BG contract thing but if your boiler is over a few years old and it goes wrong all they do is give you 5% off a new one (or thats how I read it)

Hi

sorry you went through that but glad your all okay, ive heard many stories of people dying or nearly dying.
Take care
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back