Safety advice for all!

banksy1309

Reaction score
We moved into our house 4 years ago. It's a 100year old terrace and we've had to save up to get a few things fixed (a lot of things fixed!). We have been pretty slack in not getting the boiler serviced regularly. Well with 15 weeks left to go before baby arrives, seeing as the plumbers were coming for another reason, we asked for a boiler service....

we have had a major gas leak and the floo that goes outside is too close to an air vent bringing air (and probably carbon monoxide) back into the house.

Just a warning for anyone else who's not kept on top of these sorts of things.... so glad we have this sorted. The boiler should have been condemned without these things being fixed. It's worth getting them checked!

Just had our gas fires and boiler serviced, it's so important isn't it! X

My aunty had carbon monoxide poisoning from a dodgy fire fitting!!! We now have the sensors in the house (b and q sell em) x

If you are on benefits I think the fire brigade and/or gas companies supply fire and CM detectors free.....it's worth asking xxxxxxxxx

yeh we have log and coal burning stoves and have carbon monoxide detectors in the rooms, theyre great, you dont half panic tho when one goes off!

The fire service will come and do a free "home fire risk assessment" for people with young families/elderly etc (my dad is a fireman) which includes fitting smoke alarms for you. I really need to get carbon monoxide sensor though - the plumber scared me! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back