Car Seats...?

snr1982

Reaction score
Well as some of you may or may not know I'm probably one of the most unorganized pregnant women going.. as I have only just really started shopping for baby stuff this week. :shock::lol: anyhow I've been looking at car seats but there is sooooo many to choose from I'm stuck so I was wondering what car seats you all have or which ones are the best to buy?

I have to say I don't really know much about car seats, I'm just getting a maxicosi one as it fits and comes with my pram / travel system. Hope it's ok - maybe I should of shopped around a bit.

I think the maxi cosi are the best ones.

We have got a hauck travel system so ours comes with that but can only be used until the baby exceeds 13kg so we will prob buy a maxi cosi one after that as most of those can be used from birth to toddlers x

I've got the maxicosi cabriofix - my friends hubby did a lot of research and reckons it's the safest especially if used with an isofix base (if you have the points in your car) it is also compatible with my phil and teds buggy. One thing I have noticed on the negative is that the seat is quite heavy but not sure how others compare x

I just wanted whatever was cheapest but not shit like my daughter's one.

We ended up ordering one from Mothercare, which I'm very happy with - it feels all velvetty-good, I can imagine Daisy being very comfy in it til it's encrusted with baby puke :)

I'll see if I can find a link...........

Here it is. The Recaro thingummy.

We could have ordered one that clips onto our Mothercare My4 buggy but I wasn't hot on using my old travelsystem before and am planning on leaving the carseat in the car and having Daisy in the pram while it's converted into a flat pram.

It's down to £108 now. The one that was a bit cheaper was out of stock and unorderable til after my due date, hence we got this one, but I'm glad we did. Got it in black but it comes in a beautiful grey as well and I think it has another colour option too.

We bought the maxicosi pebble as you can buy it with a familyfix base which you can use again for the next size car seat. It's v safe as it's isofix and so easy to get in and out of the car. The base even has a light to show you if you've got the seat in properly or not.

On Which reviews the Maxi-Cosi Cabrio & Pebble are tested & very safe, as are many of the Britax ones. You can't put a price on your little one, but go for the best you can afford hun. Also have it test fitted in your car to make sure it fits! I have a Mini & some were not secure in my car at all. I have bought the Maxi-Cosi Cabriofix & base for my car - it's fits securely & with adaptors goes on my pram frame.

Sunnyb xxx

We got the Recaro Young Profi Plus as it was either this or Maxi-cosi to fit with our buggy. The person in the shop we went to said they recommend the recaro over the maxi-cosi and when I looked on kiddicare, the recaro got slightly higher reviews.

I'm the same as Jodie. I have the maxi cosi cabriofix with the isofix base. It also fits onto our travel system. xx

Same as Nanc here. We got the maxi cosi pebble with the iso-fix base thing. We got it coz it can be used when we need a bigger seat and I liked the light system to show it's all secured properly xxx

looks like the maxicosi wins then. Was looking the hauck travel system ones and getting the iso-fix base for that, but decided we aren't buying a buggy until after the baby is here, because I want a purple one i spotted if its a girl. lol. I also like the baystyle stuff but couldn't find much reviews on them. Thanks for much the help ladies :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back