confused reading MW notes

Terrie

Reaction score
just been reading through my notes from my appt this morning and i noticed a few things that im confused about...

2 weeks ago my midwife wrote Ceph 3/5, then last week she just wrote Ceph and now this week she wrote Ceph Brim. i dont get what this means!? and also my BP was waaaay higher today than usual at 130/84 (its usually 100/60)
my notes also say that my cervix is uneffaced..

why did she not go through all this with me :wall:

I think ceph brim means that baby is head down and just at sat at the top of your pelvis which means it's not engaged but very close! Think it's common on second babies not to fully engage until labour.

tezzy said:
just been reading through my notes from my appt this morning and i noticed a few things that im confused about...

2 weeks ago my midwife wrote Ceph 3/5, then last week she just wrote Ceph and now this week she wrote Ceph Brim. i dont get what this means!? and also my BP was waaaay higher today than usual at 130/84 (its usually 100/60)
my notes also say that my cervix is uneffaced..

why did she not go through all this with me :wall:

http://www.gfmer.ch/PEP/pdf-MCM-2006/MC ... 1-2006.pdf

This is about babies engagement.

When she said 'ceph' probably meant baby was simply head down. Cephalic brim would man it is lower than the time before....So moving back to the right direction.

They have a range of bp that they will call within normal limits. That may be why she wasn't concerned.

Uneffaced is when the cervix is still long and thick. This shortens and thins out during labour.

I am surprised at your stage that she does not discuss more with you. So, you are aware of where you are :hug:

yes but 2 weeks ago i was 3/5 engaged and now im only ceph to the brim :( so thats in the WRONG direction!?

What I meant was bubs was 3/5 then became just cephalic (so must have disengaged) now is ceph brim, so must be moving back down again...So, back in the right direction.

Get tilting those hips girl! Can widen your pelvis up to 4 cm and get the baby moving down more :)

dont worry about your baby moving back out of the pelvis hun, baby is still in the right place and thats all that counts. I was really upset when my bubs was 3/5 engaged and then he bobbed right out and was free :roll: it meant nothing though as I went into labour when he was 1/5 engaged and after a good few contractions it squeezed him down and out! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back