7 month check

beanie

Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this as it could go in feeding, routines and health so I thought here would be good.

Seren had her 7 month check today (at nearly 8 months). She did the pincer grip, changing objects over to the other hand etc etc, and HV very pleased with her standing etc. She has gone from the 50th centile to the 75th with her weight (is now 19lb something), has gone from the 50th to the 98th with her height but dropped two centiles with her head measurement (Kim :wink: ). HV pleased with her meals but said I should not feed her at night as she doesn't need it and it is becoming a habit. The only things I worry about is that she is still demand fed and I don't know how much she is taking in, and also it is easier to just feed her as she goes straight back to sleep. Do I drop the feeds or should I let her lead me?? I don't mind the occasional waking as I enjoy the time with her , especially if I have been at work but lately it has been a bit of a nightmare. However the HV said that her teeth seemed to be on the move so perhaps the waking has been teething. Am really confused what to do for the best. My heart says carry on as I am but my head says I should think about helping her get to sleep by herself. :? :?

Any advice?

Just talking to you about this on msn but I'm trying the "getting to sleep alone" before I try and remove the night feeds.

The theory is, if he goes to sleep on his own, when he wakes in the night he can get himself back off to sleep without my help. Coupled with this technique is my previously mentioned "stuff him with as much food as possible in the day" technique so he can't wake up for hungry.

I've been rocking him to sleep in his bouncy chair for ahes, and have dug myslef a huge hole. But tonight he's been settling in his cot on his own again (I did try this ages ago and he did well till he started throwing up EVERY night so I let him off and started rocking him)

Edit: so for now...when he wakes, I will feed him...I have Mason and a hard working OH to worry about waking up...my aim is to enable him to get back to sleep in his cot, without me as a dummy.

Another pin head! :wink: Rubie is very glad not to be alone in this group :D

Personally I would carry on as you are if you are happy with it. I think she will stop waking in the night when she is ready to, and at 8 months she is still very young, she may need those extra feeds. If you enjoy it and she is happy then why change it?

Do what feels right by your heart, and you wont go far wrong xx

I tried last night not to feed her, OH sat with her for a bit, and I put her dummy in her mouth but she wouldn't settle. She kept looking at me and holding out her arms so in the end I gave up. I am crap I know :roll: :oops:

Seren says to Rubie that the pinhead look is a great one :rotfl: My HV said they don't tend to grow in all 3 areaas at the same rate so this month I think we shall concentrate on the head :wink: .

We dont get a 7 or 8 month check our way - they have 'phased it out as it's not necessary'. Oh well!

Glad Seren is doing well, and her head may be a little smaller but she has the prettiest face :)

I got worried then! as I was never told about 7 month check up! better ask my HV and see what she says!

Sounds like she is doing really well, well done to you both :clap:

I would personally drop the night feeding as soon as poss as it sound like she is just using you as a pacifier (sp?) & the longer it goes on the harder it is to stop... some babies will just continue until they are 2 or more (happened to a friend of mine)
I was advised to gradually up her day feeds and reduce the evening or give water... if all else fails then its a few nights of hell but they soon learn.

Of course its up to you how you want to play it tho
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back