Cant believe it..

Kazz

Reaction score
went to oor final growth scan this morning to make sure everything hunky dorey for the big event n thankfully alls well.

the sonographer told us baby's current average weight was 7lb 5oz the size of a term baby. was a good job i was lying down when she told me

:rotfl:

i feel like am gonna burst soon. Ive still got 3 wks to go!

prob a silly question but does anyone think im in with the chances of this baby making its apperance sooner. :think:

I hope so!

Kazz xx

huni, i wouldnt reley too much on what they say, when i had cameron they told me at 34 weeks he was 6lb 10 and i had another 6 weeks to go, it scared me as i know they put roughly half lb a week on from 36 weeks, he was born weighing 6lb 12 1/2 oz's :rotfl: so they got it wrong..

baby will come when hes fully cooked wouldnt worry to much about it :hug: :hug:

maybe but some babies come out at like ten pounds or more! hopefully you'll be ok!
had a growth scan too last week. fortunatly my little one is just average size. got my next growth scan in about four weeks.
i wouldn't worry i personally don't believe that the size of the baby is any indication of how much pain you will get!
just make sure you use the olive oil trick on yer bits- i'd start now if ya haven't already!!

godbless
lisa

ps- rememeber the more relaxed you are during labour the quicker and easier it is!! (i know this will be easier said than done)

lol!!

Kazz said:
the sonographer told us baby's current average weight was 7lb 5oz the size of a term baby. was a good job i was lying down when she told me

:rotfl:

i feel like am gonna burst soon. Ive still got 3 wks to go!

with 3 weeks to go doesnt that make u 37 weeks? i thought that WAS term?! im confuzzed! :?

do we all get growth scans?

Term is 40 weeks although the baby could come anytime after 37 weeks and be generally fine I think :?

You don't get growth scans unless you're measuring big or small for dates, I'm measuring big so I had one at 29 weeks and I'm booked in for another at 36 weeks, just to get a general idea of how big he is :)

i had 4 scans last time and i am this time because i developed gestational diabetes and thery said baby could be big. Mark was 6 lb 11 so what they say isnt always true.

you are classed as full term from 37 weeks. not everyone gets growth scans. if you have a low or hign body mass index. or you are diabetic then you do.

lisa xxxx

Dont worry! :hug:

Ive got 3 weeks left too, everyone likes to comment on baby's weight, u wont know properly till little one's here

Great to hear you and LO are well and ready for the birth day, very best wishes :hug:

Hi

Dont worry hun seems alot of us are being told we are having larger babies. I know the scans are usually accurate buta t times can obviously wrong
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back