Cankles!!

ChloeSmith

Reaction score
Just back from a fab holiday, but it was really hot and we did quite a lot of sightseeing etc, and even before I got on the plane home my ankles were super swollen!

I wore flight socks but even so my feet and ankles have been absolutely huge since :-/ they're also covered with heat rash!

I'm guessing I just need to put my feet up and drink lots of water? I think I've heard it's fairly normal? Anyone else had this? X

I think it is very normal hun especially in hot climates and a 4 hour plane journey (if I remember correctly you saying in another post!?)
You've given your own advice on this one, keep elevated, plenty of fluids and light walking.
I wouldn't wear shoes/boots though keep them cool with light footwear.
If the heat rash gets worse or you start to develop pain I'd go to docs but I think you'll be just fine :) x

As Jodie said, think its fairly normal. Feet up, rest up and if it doesn't seem to get better call your mw xx

Thanks guys, I'll keep an eye on it. It's oh such a sexy look! Lol! Xx

Glad your going to take it easy , good advice there, but was holiday good?

Last one before baby?

Yeah it was great thanks JJ! And yep that's all my leave used up til maternity now! Eeeek! Next holiday we'll have a little un and a carful of stuff :). Xx

Hey, I had this after returning from china 3 weeks ago. I lay on the couch with my feet above heart level for as long as I could and it was gone by morning. Not sure if its coincidence, but now I've started getting swollen feet after a long day at work and like you said, it's not very attractive :( x

Oh no I'm going on holiday in 3 weeks i hope I dont end up looking like i've got elephants feet! I'll have to make sure I wear the flight socks to try and prevent it. But i've heard lots and lots of water should reduce it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back