Can you have a scan sooner than they say?!?

MissGobby

Reaction score
i am just getting toooooooo impatient now, i have got to wait until the 15th April, i know it isnt THAT long, but it is if you know what i mean, because we still dont know exactly how far along i am!!

can i request an earlier scan or is it best just to wait?!? :)

Hi Miss Gobby,

If you are feeling that anxious then I would speak to your GP first rather than Midwife unless you have a better relationship with her and explain that you would like some reassurance.

Since I found out I was pregnant with this one I have had 3 scans and yet another booked for the 1st April and I do sympathise with anyone that has m/c had ectopic or mmc as you really can't relax until you know what is going on... and its not like you can even listen in to make your mind at ease either.

Just on another note hun did you m/c then have AF and fall or no AF as if you had no AF then I would definately push for a scan earlier as that is how I fell with this LO i had m/c followed by BFP no AF inbetween.

Sorry for the epic but hope this helps and puts your mind at ease.
Take care
kathy x

I M/C then 2-3 weeks later tested and it was a BFN but havent had AF since my M/C

you could ask your doctor hun or pay and have an early private scan

From what I've picked up from the docs etc you can only have scans earlier than normal if you've had multiple early m/c's or you're having problems (like bleeding or spotting) with this one.

I know some ladies have asked for an early scan just so they could be re-assured that everything is ok and they've got them so if you're really worried you could ask you MW and see what she says

im not worried at all, everything seems to be fine i would just like to know how far along i am - i am sure i can wait another month *sighs* lol :roll:

It's a killer isn't it....especially if you're impatient like me!

I've already had a scan at 6+5 because I hadd some spotting but I'm so impatient I want another one now....Mine's two days after yours on 16th and it's killimg me to have to wait!

You could try telling them that you can't manage the date so can you have it the week before. But remember, the later it is, the more baby-like the pictures. My 12 week scan at 12+2 looked an awful lot like an alien. My friend's scan at 13+1 was far cuter! Each day your baby develops a lot so I'd say it's better to have it later so you can see more on the day.

I'm sure it will soon fly by hun! We booked our next scan which is on 14th April at the last one, and it was over 8 weeks at the time but it's flown by!

Also, I was 13weeks 5 by the time we went and the difference in baby size was HUGE! Couldn't believe how much it had grown in just 3 weeks and could see everything sooo clearly!

As mentioned above you could always ask for an earlier scan for reassurance, and there may be cancellations and they could fit you in earlier (which is what happened for us). x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joshatflare
Back