Can you give me any help/suggestions?

Alfiesmummy

Reaction score
Hiya, I got a letter this morning from the job centre saying that my claim for maternity allowance was accepted and that I will recieve my first payment today. I had to stop working before the cut off point 4 smp because we moved and I put in the claim for mat allowance and its taken them about 5 weeks to get it all sorted. The thing is though It says that my claim started on the 19/06/06, and i havent recieved any payments. It also says that i will recieve my first payment today after 2.30pm, and it says aswell that my payments will be every friday in arrears. What it doesnt specify is whether that means i will be paid some payments starting from the 19/06/06 tomorrow in arrears. Im a bit confused! does anyone know if i will get the last 4 weeks, or have i completely lost them? x

thats a difficult one... sorry i can't give any advise. Have you tried calling and asking them? i'd just play really dumb (which isn't too hard for me) and get them to explain everything to you. Don't be rushed.. stay on the phone til you get all the answers.

Good luck

x

Hiya

bit thick myself but i would of said that they will pay u everything u are owed from june today and then start payments every friday.

I think hehe

good luck :hug:

I agree with Sophie. They have aknowledged your claim start date as the 19/6, so they will backdate it from then. You should therefore find a nice lump sum in your account this afternoon! :dance:

That would be nice wouldnt it. Hoping so anyway. Thanks everyone!

i'm pretty sure they backdate it.
5 weeks? i'm really annoyed my work told me 2 weeks ago that i couldnt get smp and have only just sent me the relevent forms to claim MA...so i'm gonna have to wait that long for them to sort it?? thats well out of order! i'm really fed up with incompotent staff messing up my life!!

I rang them three days ago as i was getting a bit annoyed they hadnt got it sorted quicker and within three days i got it through. So i think it is a case of them needing to get their backsides into geer. Explain to them that your baby is due in a few days, your work has been completely out of order, i read your post saying that your work had promised you they had it all sorted, idiots.

I've told them, i've had to ring them 4 times and i've told them how near my due date is..they are just so bad! i'm gonna complain because one of them in hr even said to me "oh i knew you were going to kick up a fuss"
yeah coz you've given me 2 weeks to run around heavily pregnant sorting something out that should have been done weeks ago!

my partner is having the same trouble, not on the same scale though, no where near as badly as you've been treated. He works away and comes home at weekends, and for about 8 weeks now is boss has been telling him that his paternity leave is sorted, only for her to send him an email telling him he isnt booked off and he has to sort it out himself, 6 weeks before our LO arrives, I know theres still plenty of time but still if your told something is sorted you expect it to be sorted. Im just praying now that noone has them weeks booked off as holiday otherwise he'll miss the birth, and the first 2 weeks of his life. Its ridiculous, and what on earth did that woman on the phone expect? For you to just say its ok, its not ok, i bet if it was one of their daughters in the same situation they'd get they're arses out their hands and shift it! MUPPETS! sorry, having a hormonal one there haha

hehe no you go for it girl believe me i've had a lot a lot of rants in recent months lol, ppl think i'm a crackpot! i've so far swore at the man behind the ticket desk at train station..told an old lady she had no f*ing respect and told a bus driver his oyster card machine was a piece of sh*t...so really dont worry about it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

thats well out of order on your partner..its important for dads aswell. i hope he manages to sort it out coz if he doesnt i'd be suing (sp?)

they definatly should backdate it to the date they gave you if they dont make sure you ring them up and ask them where it is!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back