Can someone explain the period pains

tweetyfoo

Reaction score
So I've had these period type pains for a few days. The are coming and going and they aren't so painful I'm rolling around in pain. But I'm literally running to the loo constantly to check if AF has arrived.

I've read that this is normal, can someone tell me their experience of this type of pain to settle my brain

its probably implantation pain i had 2 weeks of bad cramping but it did go away.it will come bk tho in waves because your uterus is expanding.dont worry its pretty normal.

I had that up until about 6-7 weeks, its ur uterus stretching and its totally normal. X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I went to see my doctor with non-pregnancy issues but mentioned it as like you I was getting really painful cramps and checking for AF literally every 10 mins - she said it was totally normal. She told me that a few women will get it at their usual time of the month up until about 5 months of pregnancy. She did say that if the cramps were accompanied by red blood then get it checked out immediately.

I wasn't convince to be honest but she was right, I remembered that I had them before my BFP and the ones I had at the time have now past along with my usual AF date.

Hope this helps? :)

Last edited:
Yep I had this, and a bit of brown blood from time to time too. My midwife said it was the uterus stretching and just to keep drinking plenty of water and not get over tired.

Exactly the same advice as the other girls really, I was worrying over every little niggle, then spoke to the midwife and she said it's just your body preparing. I still worry about the niggles and pains but at least we know they're normal! Kimxx

Yes happened to me too up until about 7-8 weeks. It was annoying when it happened at night as with AF pains I used to just curl up in a ball and it'd ease - not so much with stretching pains, it wouldn't ease until it was good and ready!!!

I freaked out at first too but the ladies here told me its normal, and my pregnancy book says the same. I get stitch pains now and again still....just baby growing I hope xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back