Can I use Omega 3.

Moofa

Reaction score
Hi

I just went off to Boots and got my PregnancyCare vitamins. There was a choice of PregnancyCare or PregnancyCare Plus that included Omega 3. I worked out that it was cheaper to buy PregnancyCare and a seperate tub of Omega 3 capsules (special offer at Boots).

When I got to the car then noticed it said on the Omega 3 packet if pregnant consult your Dr (I did look in the shop and cound't see this warning) :roll:

So is anyone else using Omega3 and is it safe? I hate fish so rather take a supplement

Thanks

Mx

Sanatogen pronatal do a duo pack with omega 3 that is safe to take during pregnancy.

I think you need to be careful with the normal stuff in case the mercury levels are too high.

Sainsburys and Tesco often have the Sanatogen Pronatal on special offer. It is in a purple and pink box

I take the pregnacare plus, but like others have said I think you need to be careful with the mercury content in the normal supplement. I would ask your midwife.

Boots usually do 3 for 2 on Pregnacare & pregnacare Plus

also got to watch out fr vit A and D (i think) cos some contain that too

Do you think they will let me return it? The box is unopened and I have the recipt.

Mx

Moofa said:
Do you think they will let me return it? The box is unopened and I have the recipt.

Mx

I should think so yea, cant see why not.

The pregnacare with omega 3 is for the third tri when babies start using up long chain fatty acids to build brain fat. But tbh I wouldn't see what harm would be done taking omega3 at any point in your pregnancy, because you are told to eat lots of fish nowadays because it contains omega3...

Again its another case of meds not being tested on pregnant women so they can't say that they are safe... they are covering themselves... But as pregnacare is aimed directly at pregnant women then of course they can't say that... :rotfl: and as far as we know, omega 3 is good for the growing brain cells of the baby.

Also just check that the omega 3 supplements you have don't have anything extra in them... some do like evening primrose oil which has been linked with helping women go into labour as it contains natural prostaglandins, which is why it's not recommended to take it orally before 34 weeks.. I have eyeQ for Tia and it does have Evening Primrose oil in it, thats why I say this... :)

Hi

Just rang Boots and they said no problem take them back :)

Thanks for the advice

Mx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back