What I've bought....

Lou

Reaction score
Hi

I thought it would be good if we all post the equipment we have bought along with the place we got it and the price just to give eachother ideas and share any bargains / sales we come across.

So far I have bought alot! Mostly from Mothercare. Heres what I got...

Aylesbury Cotbed - Mothercare World - £140.00
Very cheap and it will last till my son is 5 years old. I ordered the Whitewashed version and it only took 2 days to deliver.

Mattress - Mothercare World - £100.00
Was the most expensive but the cover comes off and can be machine washed and tumble dried. Is also sprung so will keep its shape.

Cot top changer - Mothercare - £20.00
Slots on top of all Mothercare cots and is space saving if nursery is small.

Bath Set - Mothercare - £35.00
Complete bath set with thermometer, flannels, baby soap, baby shampoo, top & tail bowl, sponge and hooded towels.

Moses Basket (with stand) - Boots - £40.00 !!!
Was on special offer. Basket was £28.00 and the stand was £12.00. Its lovely and sturdy and has a nice unisex cover with a hood. No bedding included.

Mothercare has a sale on of clothes so I have bought lots of things for tiny baby, 0-3 months and 3-6 months.

I have bought more but need to go and check what I have and the prices.! Will post more later.

Lou :)

Two teddies from woolworths, lol a hugh 4.99 each, lol :lol: :lol:

well actaually was on sale wen i got to the till was only 2.49 each and along with my discount i get there (cos i wrk in the dammened palce, tip to ne one never wrk in woolies) i only eneded up payin about 4 pound. bargain.

But plan on buyin my prqam on saturday, its 259 pound, without rain covers so altgther bout 300 pound.

Lou i think u have the same cot i want, i was in mothercare world today, and wanted to buy everything. but had no money on me, ne way gotta control myself promised the daddy we could go shoppin togther, or i will take over.

bec x x

I have only collected a few bits of clothing so far. Oh yes, also a couple of nice towels and blankets.
Desperate to buy bits of furniture, but saving money to ship over Silver Cross pram from UK. I think it will be money well spent.
I have washed a couple of babygrows that my children wore as far back as 11 years. Newborn size and despite the fact that my daughter has had them worn by her soft toys, they're still in perfect condition. Very sentimental!!
Emilia xxx

my shopping was easy as my mate had a baby last year... so got pram, bath stuff, moses basket and bedding, baby monitor, clothes from 0-12 months all for £100 from her, and brought myself a M&P cot and a few toys and that to make room look nice.... so got it quite easy really

I got a cosatto cot second hand for £30 advertised in the local paper's website. Bit of a bargain - it's pine and drop side and it's got cut out heart shapes at each end. Haven't bought anything else and trying to control myself.

I got a cotbed from a local shop which was on offer for £110.00 and my matress was £60.00 from Big W and is a sprung one.

I got my pram (which is also a buggy) and car seat from mothercare, which was about £350.00 for both.

I got my moses basket for £40.00 from Mothercare and a stand from the charity shop for a couple of quid.

I got a Mamas and Papas bouncing cradle which was £65.00 but worth every penny.

A couple of toys from here and there, and a few clothes from here and there, but I was given LOADS of clothes from a friend.

Other bits and bobs, wipes, baby wash, bottle etc I have either got free or buy one get one free. And my family are buying all the boring stuff like a sterilizer and a blender.

I have spent a fortune but she's worth every penny.

New bargain
Just bought a second hand Urban Detour Sherpa travel system including all accessories for £150. Even better it was only bought a couple of weeks ago so I've got the receipt too!!
Apparently it can be heavy but I don't care I like it and it's all furry for my winter baby. :D

I bought a denim snow suit with fur trim hood from mothercare, (newborn size) but now I've seen this one from M and P, it's only 3 quid more, and it's so cute!

I might have to take the other one back, I just can't decide, the mothercare one had mittens and boots to match.

S322637_zoom.jpg

I can't stop taking things back, I even changed my mind and took my pram back, I do it all the time, I never used to, must be the hormones!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back