can I find out what you guys are doing ?

Ginnymarie

Reaction score
Hello

A few questions, just wondering what everyone else is doing re Tens machines ? Are you hiring one and does anyone know if they are any good? I am undecided. A bit stuck on what to do ?

Secondly, nursing bra's. When are you getting fitted. I have only just started wearing maternity ones, whoops, hope the underwire has not hurt my booby ducts but I think I will be ok as leaking a bit already. Do we really need them and can you get them cheaper anywhere than mothercare ?

Finally, pre-natals and omega supplements. I have felt way too sick to take my huge pre-natal and mum omega and not eating v well to be honest. Now I am having a wee panic bub hasn't got enough vitamins. I have been taking florodix, natural iron but gagging when taking that as well. How is everyone else doing on the old supplements?

After some other posts I am opting to buy the raspberry tea and the evening primrose for later on.

And ....finally.....

Still not decided or bought a baby carrier, natural mamma recommded a jersey cotton wrap around sling but im just so scared I won't tie it tight enough, my OH reminded me that rock climbers tie knots and they are strong enough to hold them on a mountain so I think I will get it as the ones from mothercare do look uncomfortable.

Sorry this is such an essay, being building up my questions :oops:

p.s

OH has finished our nursery, lemon/creamy walls with a sky blue ceiling, he said it is lovely, not seen it yet.....whoo hoooo

xxxx

I've bought a tens machine from boots (elle tens for labour)

Was measured for nursing bras

Not taking supplements

Got a baby carrier rather than a sling as it was great when I had paris

my stepdad has a tens machine for a muscle problem he has in his neck so im borrowing his!!!

as for slings im having soem sent over from America by my friend she used them for her son and thinks they r wonderful!

Planning to have one baby on front and throw one on my back haha :rotfl: only joking though :rotfl:

Not planning on using a Tens as hope to have a homebirth with pool for pain relief.

Sometime a few weeks beforehand for a nursing bra I hope. I got my maternity ones ages ago from Mothercare and found them to be so much more comfy sans underwire for me. I guess shopping around online might find you some other bra choices, but its the fitting of them. I'd deffo get nursing bras though.

I'm not taking any pre natal vitamins at all, just trying to eat a well balance diet. My GP told me so long as I was eating well everything I need could be gotten from the food.

Omega plays a more important part in the final 10 weeks for brain building as I understand it. So I am increasing my fish intake etc for that.

I'd not take iron unless I was actually really lacking it. Are you needing an iron supplement? Maybe talk to your MW about it all and see what she says. Baby will take everything it needs from your body and you'll be left with the dregs so don't panic too much that s/he isn't getting enough good stuff from you.

We are going for a baby wrap over a strap on carrier. We loved them when we tried them out in the shop. Once you get the hang of them I'm sure you'd be fine. This is the one we've opted for

Hope some of thats of use to you :)

i hate tens machine, and get fed up with the wires.

i still wear my underwire bras, i dont like nursing bras.

i have a ring sling, i dont like baby carriers as i have a bad back from being wrapped around a tree during a x country comp when i was younger.

supplement wise.. im taking spa tone natural iron, which is just mineral water. and evening primrose up the fanny and raspberyy leaf tablets.

if i can get over to Brum in the next few weeks, i'll be borrowing a Tens machine of a friend

Nursing bra, i just bought 2 in a size bigger than i am now..

vitamins- snap- i am crap with taking supps, in fact im on the same tub i started with, which is a 90 day supply :oops: and i have a small baby too.. :? BUT i do have a very good diet and i honestly dont think im lacking anything nutrient wise which i think is the reason i've had no cravings and pretty much no adverse symptoms at all

ive bought a couple of slings- one with the ring-pull through type and one a bit more rucksacky like..

I'm going to ask if I can hire a TENS machine from the hospital and if not get my midwife's advice on where to get one. My appointment is tomorrow so I'll update you on what she says.

I won't get fitted for a nursing bra until bump drops a lot otherwise I don't think they will fit for long! I've been wearing stretchy bras where one size in theory does all and I might even wear them to begin with and just yank down or up the cup because they have the elasticity.

I bought omega 3 last week - I hadn't taken any before. I only got it because it was 3 for 2 in boots and there were 2 other things I wanted. I've now taken 3 of them which is quite impressive for me. I remember to take my santagen supplement once a week, if that. I don't think they are necessary. Baby will get all the nutrients he needs - he gets first pickings. It's you who won't have as much in the way of nutrients but I figure I'm eating more fruit and veg now than I used to so we're all fine. There are lots of people who have no fruit or veg or supplements and have healthy children. The fac that you are worried suggests you hae been trying to get the right nutrients so that already give your baby an advantage :hug:

As for carriers, I bought the Moby, which is a jersey wrap carrier. Because of the way you wear it (look on the website) you would feel it loosen round your waist or up your back before the bit supporting baby became loose. A reef knot shouldn't come out (if you prefer, think of people with broken arms and slings - they don't need to keep adjusting the sling) but if for some reason it did your baby wouldn't just drop. You would feel slackening and be able to put your arm round baby and sort everything out. If you have a long bit of fabric tie it like a wrap so you can see what I mean. Or alternatively, look on the internet and see how many people say they have had to give up using these carriers. If things are not safe, people post about it a lot.

I'm not planning on a TENS machine

I am going to get measured for nursing bras a few weeks before my due date

Me and my mum are going to make a sling I think

Im hiring a tens machine from http://www.mama-tens.info/ its delivered at 37 weeks you hire for 4 weeks and you also receive a 2 weeks extension if you are late £27.95 if you order online.

Taking pregnacare + omega supplements and have been since TTC

Already got nursing bra's, bought them instead of maternity bra's so have been wearing them since about 9 weeks cause by bb's ballooned, hoping they will still fit!?

Im not bothering with a sling will just use my pushchaire, hubby has got one though.

I am also hiring a Tens machine from Mama Tens,

I got measured for nursing bras a couple of wks ago and the lady in Mothercare said it was a bit early (they say after 37 wks) but basically they put you down a back size and up a cup size. I have only bought a couple in case they don't fit as this didn't seem a very accurate way to measure!

I am also rubbish at taking tablets and haven't been taking vitamins or anything (i have a reminder on my phone to remember to take my iron tablets!) It is true that the baby takes what it needs and leaves you with what is left.

I won't be bothering with a tens machine. I borrowed one from the hospital when I had my son but I found it more annoying than anything to be honest.

I will probably go and try some nursing bras at some point but I didn't bother with my son and managed to breast feed for nearly a year in comfy normal bras.

As for supplements, I'm crap at remembering to take tablets. I have tried pregnacare in the past when I remembered but I honestly couldn't tell you if they are worth getting or not lol.

I had a Bruin baby carrier for my son but I only used it a couple of times. OH liked it but he's strong - my back hurt if I wore it for too long. It was very secure but I'm probably going to stick to the buggy this time unless OH wants one.

My MIL has a tens machine for her knee so I may borrow it, though if I get the water birth I want then obv i won't use it!

Hadn't thought about nursing bras, are they necessary? Was just going to pop my boob out of a normal one. Lol.

Suppliments? Haven't taken any at all.

We will probably get a baby carrier, though i doubt i'll use it as i have suffered with my back and am very weak really! But my OH would like one. We might get the one off of additions - costs about £17.

thanks guys

this is totally useful info and very reassuring.

I forced myself to take my supplements today and didn't get sick which was good.
I like the idea of the close baby carrier and I think the best thing to do is ask my midwife about hiring a tens from hospital

really helpful everyone...what would I do without the forum :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back