• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Can I use different brands of formula?

bhe101

Reaction score
Hi

I wanted to try ava with the cow & gate night time milk to see if it would stop her waking up for a bottle.
She currently gets sma gold, is it ok to give her both?

Im not sure hun but your LO is still quite young to be sleeping through the night. There are some lucky mummys out there whos baby do, but i get the impression its perfectly normal for them not to be at this age. Ollie wakes up and im just hoping he will gradually grow out of it.

I'm missing my sleep! :sleep:

Clairex

nori said:
Im not sure hun but your LO is still quite young to be sleeping through the night. There are some lucky mummys out there whos baby do, but i get the impression its perfectly normal for them not to be at this age. Ollie wakes up and im just hoping he will gradually grow out of it.

I'm missing my sleep! :sleep:

Clairex

Sorry, should have gone into more detail. She had been sleeping through since about 8 weeks & its only in the last month she's been waking looking for food. Have tried her with water but she wants her tummy filled.

Yeah it should be fine, we gave LO the Hipp one for a couple of weeks, but found that she actually slept worse - she slept for longer, but was very unsettled all night, I think it was giving her tummy ache as it has cereal in it.

Last edited:
Oooh Ive never heard of that!! What makes it different to normal milk?! :think:

Is she weaned? If so then I would try giving her a wee half a weetabix an hour before bed?

I wouldnt mix formulas though.

lea m said:
Oooh Ive never heard of that!! What makes it different to normal milk?! :think:

The Hipp one has cereals added to it to make it more like a meal, it is supposed to fill them up and therefore make them sleep longer! It is for babies older than 6 months though so no good for you just yet!!!

I was told that for this it was fine to mix formulas in this situation as you can only give it once a day, so it doesn't replace your normal formula, therefore you have to mix formulas iykwim? Plus, once they are older, you don't have to worry so much about mixing them, my friend buys whichever follow in milk is cheapest!

Magic Monkey said:
[quote="lea m":18sis8ug]Oooh Ive never heard of that!! What makes it different to normal milk?! :think:

The Hipp one has cereals added to it to make it more like a meal, it is supposed to fill them up and therefore make them sleep longer! It is for babies older than 6 months though so no good for you just yet!!!

I was told that for this it was fine to mix formulas in this situation as you can only give it once a day, so it doesn't replace your normal formula, therefore you have to mix formulas iykwim? Plus, once they are older, you don't have to worry so much about mixing them, my friend buys whichever follow in milk is cheapest![/quote:18sis8ug]

Oooh thanks hun! Yeh I doubt I will need it for Lola! lol She might not wake till tea time next day heehee (shes a lazy monkey) but its good to know if her sleeping pattern changes when she is older!! :D

I wouldn't mix them either to be honest, especially as they're completely different brands and normal C&G is really quite different from SMA.

lauramumof2 said:
Is she weaned? If so then I would try giving her a wee half a weetabix an hour before bed?

I wouldnt mix formulas though.

Yeah, she gets her last meal at about 6 then bottle & bed at 7.30. I left her last night & she went back to sleep eventually so now thinking its just habit rather than hunger!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back