changed formula, now got smelly poo's

JoAnn&Aimee

Reaction score
I changed from SMA Gold to Cow & Gate as I found I was allergic to the SMA Gold and whenever my skin would come into contact with the milk it was flare into a sore rash. The change went well but now Aimee's been having very smelly poo's now. Could this be related to the change in formula?

Yes, it could be.

My LO was on C&G Comfort, and the poos were HORRID :puke: :puke: Like nothing you have every seen - but then he was allergic to it so, I guess thats to be expected. Now on prescription formula there like clay!

is the consistancy ok? so long as its not dioreah I wudnt worry to much yet - or green of course.

HertsMummy said:
Yes, it could be.

My LO was on C&G Comfort, and the poos were HORRID :puke: :puke: Like nothing you have every seen - but then he was allergic to it so, I guess thats to be expected. Now on prescription formula there like clay!

is the consistancy ok? so long as its not dioreah I wudnt worry to much yet - or green of course.

It is a bit like diarrhea (sp!!) and slightly green. :( Is that bad?

We changed Ella from SMA to cow and Gate at about 4 weeks and she started having explosive, runny poos. We left it a couple of weeks to give her chance to adjust, she didn't so we went back to SMA.

Green poops are never good and should be looked into - though, if you speak to my GP its perfectly normal!! :think:

Some babies just dont do well on some milks... it may settle, they say you have to give it two weeks, but Iv always noticed a difference after about 5 days!

Could try Nurture by Hinez?! Aptilil is the same as C&G, owned by same company, exactly the same powder in different packs.

HertsMummy said:
Could try Nurture by Hinez?! Aptilil is the same as C&G, owned by same company, exactly the same powder in different packs.

Or try Hipp Organic? I asked a HV (friend's mum so a good one!) and she said that this or Farleys (now Heinz) would be a gd one to try after tring SMA and C&G. SHe also said Aptamil wasn't worth trying as they were too similar, but I didn't know they were the same! Bit ridiculous considering Aptamil is so much more expensive.

I know bottle and breast are different but Tally goes through days of smelly poo's and not, days of constipation to days like today where she's the total opposite.

I think it's just to do with what i've eaten and therefore whats in her milk.

How long is it since you changed? She may just be getting used to it, if not maybe try another type of milk. Is she happy though cos as long as it doesnt seem to be bothering her it may be fine and smelly poos are jsut going to be part of the course

We tried a change from SMA to C&G because I was told that C&G was better for reflux. We only lasted 4 days and went back to SMA because DS was having loads of runny and smelly poo. As soon as we changed back to SMA, he was fine apart from the reflux was back again, but it never ever bothered him.

It might just be a case of trying to find the right one for you and your LO. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back