can i say no?

pringle88

Reaction score
because i have high bp my consultant has said that if it rises more when im in labour they will give me an epidural to try and bring it down..

thing is i REALLY dont want an epidural but if its between having an epidural to try and bring it down or an emergency section surely i dont have any option but to take the epidural?

xx

i'd say you'd rather have an epidural than a section. If doc's advise its best to do what they say! Its a tricky one as everyone has things they want/dont want but it doesn't always work like that.

I didn't know epidural brought down BP. I suppose it will also depend on how things are on the day??

:)

yeah i guess so, thanks hun. idea.lly i dont want either but ill just have to wait and see what happens on the day! x

Hey hun,

My mum had to have an epidural because of her BP (she had PreEclampsia) and I had one with Alfie...its really not all that bad..

Plus, if you did get rushed to theatre you'd end up having an epidural anyway! The only reason they've suggested it is for your own safety hun xx

Yeah thats the only reason I had mine, because they were preparing me for a section - ended up not having one though as she came out by herself.

:)

ok thanks girls, yeh at the end of the day i will let them do whatever is necessary if it is the best thing to do for the baby but ive just heard so many bad things about them! x

I loved mine lol I was sat up reading a magazine for the second half of my labour lol :) I did have a few problems after but not sure if it was the epidural or something else x

it was great lol I was watching the contractions on the monitor couldnt feel a thing and because Im having to go to the hospital for this one Im telling them as soon as I get there that I want one lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back