Hmmmm

BabyBrain

Reaction score
Just watching Maternity Ward and a chiropractor told a woman with back problems she can't have an epidural :shock:.....worrying!!!! I know this is American but am going to ask my consultant and chiropractor about it. I am asking for c-section cos mw mentioned the risk of my back breaking again during labour which would be horrific and would give me a much slower recovery time than the op itself although it is unlikely, but if I can't have epidural I would have to have a GA and I don't want to miss my baby being born if possible. Lots of questions for consultant on Monday lol. If I can't have an epidural would they induce me early? Do they do this?

I am pretty sure I could handle most of labour without an epidural, I've had surgery without even local anaesthetic before but c-section is too much lol.

Can I ask for an early or on-time induction? xxxxxxxx

OMG I hope you can have an epidural. Def write lots of questions down to ask consultant xx

I don't know about the epidural thing, but I think that programme is daft! They seem to do a c-section on nearly every single woman having a baby! Ridiculous!

Yeah I've noticed that. Mind you being in the US I spose they can charge the medical insurance companies more for the op

I have back problems from when I was a dancer an I had an epidural

Yeah I've noticed that. Mind you being in the US I spose they can charge the medical insurance companies more for the op

It's just stupid! Was sat there watching it other night, and consultant comes in all the time and I said before he did 'Oh she's clearly having a c-section now' and she did! Really annoys me, like they almost want all women to not do it naturally - when thats what our bodies are built to do!

I have back problems from when I was a dancer an I had an epidural

Cool :D I'm not scared of the pain, more the recovery time/GA cos I don't want to miss a thing

I found gas and air more of a 'head fuck' than the epi! I LOVED the epi!

I had an appt with a Consultant Aneasthetist last week and due to my back problems (damaged discs) he did an ultrasound/scan on my back to check all would be ok for a CS.

Hopefully they'll do that for you too!!

BTW I had gas and air when I broke my shoulder and arm - hated it, felt out of control and away with the fairies!!!

My sister had gas and air and threw up everywhere, said it felt like being drunk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back