can I join you guys from Down Under?

meegs

Reaction score
Can't quite believe I am now in tri 3. Time is really flying by and with christmas smack in the middle of my countdown...
I'm in Australia at the moment and planning to have the baby here then I am moving to Scotland. So have got some slight stresses with having to figure out visa's, passports, flights and travelling with a newborn. :wall: But it is all good and will be worth it. Has been tough as my partner is in Scotland working and I'm over here working cos I won't be eligible for any maternity leave so saving up now. He's back over here in jan and I can't wait.
Anyway just wanted to write something as I do read the threads and keep an eye on this forum.
And if anyone has any advice for travelling with a baby (5-6 weeks old) then I'm all ears.

Hi there :wave:
Good luck with baby and the travelling, you must be a very brave lady :D

Hi Meegs and welcome. :wave:

I don't have any advice on travelling but good luck with the move. :)

hello :wave:

i don't have any advice either i'm afraid but would love to hear some!

i'm in switzerland at the moment and planning to travel back to uk when the baby is around 5-6 weeks too. i feel a wimp for being nervous about an hour flight compared to what you're going to do!

good luck with it all :)

Welcome Meegs, :wave:

I am planning on a trip to Australia in April to see my family and friends (I'm Australian) and my baby will be about 4 mths old then. I've asked around at work to get advice on how babies go with long haul flights and the consensus seems to be that they are easier to fly with while young and get more difficult once they are older as they are more aware of their surroundings and more mobile then. My DH is flying with me on the trip over to oz but he has to return back to the UK for work. I will be staying longer as I will be on mat leave anyway and also because the baby will be my parent's first grandchild and with us living over here and them living there we won't get to see them often. It is a long flight and I have been considering a stopover, but decided it would be easier to just fly straight through ie 25 hrs straight.

I wish you well with your flight and the rest of your pregnancy. :)

Wellcome to the forum hun, good luck with your move hope it all goes well for you

Welcome honey.

I've not flown with a little one, but all my friends who have, have said that for landing and take off give your little one a bottle or breastfeed them as this helps with the pressure change and therefore shouldn't affect their ears so much.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Thanks guys. It'll all be worth it when I'm sitting in my house in Scotland with my partner and little one, especially after doing most of this pregnancy on my own. 9 weeks till he arrives!!! :dance:

Hi welcome to tri 3!!! I dont have any advice sorry! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back