can i fly/ please help !!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by newtime, May 6, 2005.

1. newtime

newtime New Member

i am 6 weeks pregnant but had a miscarriage 4 months ago, i have got a holiday booked to spain in four weeks, will i be safe to fly at 10 weeks when i have miscarraige history ?

2. Becky

Becky Well-Known Member

I'm not sure of the implications of a previous miscarriage but you can fly until 28 weeks in a 'noramal' (not high risk) pregnancy. After 28 weeks you would need a doctors letter to the airline stating that you are fit to travel.

I had to travel across Europe for my job and did so until around 24 weeks without problems.

What I would say though is to check with your doctor/midwife to make sure that they think you're fit enough.

3. newbump

newbump Well-Known Member

Im due to fly next week, i asked my midwife if all was ok to fly she said no problem at all. As far as I am aware flying does not increase the risk of miscarriage, chances are at 10 weeks if your boby is going miscarry it will, my midwife said "you cant knock a good apple off a tree"

I aggree with becky that you should check with your doc or midwife, just to be on the safe side, no point in risking something if you can help it.

Natalie x

4. Manda

Manda Well-Known Member

i miscarried in June last year, 8 weeks ago i flew from uk to Australia at 8 weeks pregnant and me and baby are fine. :D

Mand x