can i fly/ please help !!

newtime

Reaction score
i am 6 weeks pregnant but had a miscarriage 4 months ago, i have got a holiday booked to spain in four weeks, will i be safe to fly at 10 weeks when i have miscarraige history ?

I'm not sure of the implications of a previous miscarriage but you can fly until 28 weeks in a 'noramal' (not high risk) pregnancy. After 28 weeks you would need a doctors letter to the airline stating that you are fit to travel.

I had to travel across Europe for my job and did so until around 24 weeks without problems.

What I would say though is to check with your doctor/midwife to make sure that they think you're fit enough.

Im due to fly next week, i asked my midwife if all was ok to fly she said no problem at all. As far as I am aware flying does not increase the risk of miscarriage, chances are at 10 weeks if your boby is going miscarry it will, my midwife said "you cant knock a good apple off a tree"

I aggree with becky that you should check with your doc or midwife, just to be on the safe side, no point in risking something if you can help it.

Natalie x

i miscarried in June last year, 8 weeks ago i flew from uk to Australia at 8 weeks pregnant and me and baby are fine. :D

Mand x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back