Flying

Jacko1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you are able to fly whilst pregnant. We have a holiday booked to Brazil & I am not sure if this is the right sort of holiday to go on. I will be 13 weeks. We fly from Heathrow to Paris and then Paris to Rio which is about 13 hours total. I had my 2nd scan today 6 weeks, 6 days and heart beating v v fast - was amazing. Phoned docs after and they said will not need to see midwife until 11/12 weeks so not sure who to ask advice really ... any advice much appreciated!

You can fly fine well into your 3rd trimester at which point your belly makes you too heavy to take off, only kidding! :rotfl:

As long as your blood pressure is fine and you dont suffer from DVT you will be fine, they may want a docs cert tho so check with the airline.

hiya.. i flew at 9 weeks.. and flew back at 10 weeks.. i had horrible flight sickness and really really bad sinus (sp) pressure so bad i was crying..i dont think it was dangerous for the baby.. but i was sick really bad (thank goodness in the toilet) i am also going to be flying in october and im now dreading it.. coz of how bad i felt.. god luck and i think its ok to fly in babys case.. i hope you dont feel as bad as i did in your case.. 13 hrs of sick yuky!

I'll be going on a cruise and then to Finland for my SIL wedding in 3 weeks time, when I will be around 14 weeks pregnant. The cruise has asked for confirmation from my doctor, but the airline have only said that as long as I am no further along that 28 weeks then I can fly. Most airlines have this cut off period although it may be anywhere between 26-32 weeks, depending on the airline.

I also have Crohns which complicates my pregnancy but I am still safe to fly... Everyone with a history of high blood pressure or DVT should take care when flying, you just have to be more careful when you are pregnant.

I've just come back from Lanzarote, and I was fine both ways (apart from a little discomfort in my ears owing to a cold on the way there). I wore flight socks (which you can get from Boots or eBay), kept my feet moving and drank lots of fluid.

Not about flying but I know you need to take antimalaria medication in some parts of Brazil - it's probably worth checking that as it's not recommended.

Thank you so much for asking this question! Just came back from Portugal today and found out about my pregnancy whilst there and wasn't sure if it was safe to fly so early on! Just put my mind at rest! :D

You can fly up to 8 months give or take a few weeks for different operators. As far as i know the health side of things is fine as long as you drink plenty of fluids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back