Can anybody tell when they ovulate?

LoopyLouize

Reaction score
Was just wondering what signs to look out for during ovulation??
What signs do you guys get? If any??
I think I should be due to ovulate in the next few days and I won't receive my OPK's until next week. Doh!
Xxxx

I always trusted the signs of ovualtion but they turned out to be very inaccurate for me after i started using OPKs, so until you have them i suggest doing the deed a lot :)

In my previous cycles i had ewcm on cd 12 and didn't get my surge until cd 15/16 and then would have ovulated cd 15-18.

Then in this cycle i had no ewcm at all and had my surge on cd 12/13 so ovualted on cd 12-15.

I'm just lucky i was using OPKs :oooo:

I get ovulation pains from about two days before to two days after so I can normally pin it down to within about three days without testing or temping.

They feel a bit like really mild AF cramps. Just twinges between my belly button and my hips. Sharp little pains that come and go.

I always know exactly. The sex dreams and the urge to jump on random men gets more so every day and then strongest the day before. If i use a testing strip that day I get a really dark line. Then the next day i get a day of ovulation pains. I get it really low, just above bikini line, either on the left or the right (depending i presume which ovary i'm using), it's just a mild ache that comes and goes. Does that help?

Star fish those are exactly the same as me! X

Mine were like yours starfish but I panicked & called nhs direct as got so painful, could move or sit as felt like something was gonna burst if I put too much pressure on it

hi Girls,

I am the same in that i can feel when i am ovulating and have been able to since i was about 16, both my mum and sister are the same, so perhaps it runs in the family.

Although alot of my riends don't even know what i mean when i say i'm suffering from middle of the month pains, so if you don't feel anything you are still completely normal and no two bodies are the same, my sister in law found out she was ovulating during her period! now that is messed up.

My advise keep using the sticks if you can't feel anything and remember it may not be when you expect. so just have alot of sex!!!!

Good luck xxx

Mine were like yours starfish but I panicked & called nhs direct as got so painful, could move or sit as felt like something was gonna burst if I put too much pressure on it

Ooh I thought that before i started noticing it was 'that time of the month'. I was convinced I had appendicitis that came and went, I didnt work out it was doing it every month! It hurts when you strain on the loo (sorry TMI!) and i went to Doc and she said maybe it was a 'rumbling appendix' Stupid woman! But since TTC i recognise it now :yay:

Oohhh thanks girlies,

It might be my mind playing tricks on me but I have felt a very slight twingey feeling low down on the right side today. Nothing painful at all, was just kind of a very dull but low ache that has been on and off.

Im not sure if it is ovulation or not until I start using the OPK's but I have to say Im slightly intrigued, as I am quite irregular and only assume my AF is due approx 15th Dec and my last cycle was 26days so I think the timing would be right??

With me being new to the OPK's, when are you supposed to use them? Are they like a HPT where you should use morning urine or does it not matter? - Sorry for all the questions but I have an excuse lol.. Im blonde

x

xx

Last edited:
As far as I know you should test twice a day between 10-1 & 3-6 & never use FMU as the body produces the LH hormone in the morning & this is what the OPKs detect

With regards to how soon after AF you should use them is normally dependent on your cycle but that isn't always helpful as you may sometimes OV early or later some months

Hope that helps a little & am sure the girls have more info on them

xxx

I only usually use my OPKs between about 2 and 4 in the afternoon. I did use one this morning at 11 because I got ewcm and wanted to see if maybe I was Oving then did one again at 3:30 to see if there was any change.

Tomorrow I'll just do the one at about 3.

Last cycle that was enough for me & I was able to accurately pinpoint my Ov day. :)

I have some symptoms of ov, but I usually get it wrong...I use a thermometer and usually think I haven't seen it and maybe it hasn't happened and then I get the temperature rise

Unlike last month where I was convinced I'd finally got ov symptoms and temp didn't back it up at all

I just stick to lots of nookie :D

Like a few on here, I get a dull ache, no sharp pains, it's a bit like af cramps but a tiny bit higher up.
Just before, I get the overwhelming urge to jump on OH, and it doesn't go for about a day after I get the pain

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back