Can’t decide...

lalaroo

Reaction score
Long post + fussy about names = sorry in advance!
Hi all, I’m hoping I can’t get some opinions on name choices for our baby boy due in September.
Before we found out we were having a boy, we had a name for both genders picked out. We thought that we were set on a boys name but had issues with the name we had picked for a girl. Since finding out the gender, we’ve gone the opposite way and now we’re a little sad that we won’t get to use the girls name and have issues with picking a boys name.
During my first pregnancy we couldn’t choose a boy name but had Isaac on the shortlist. We had no doubts what so ever about a girl name and luckily we had a beautiful little girl named Ramona Faye.
This time around, we have 3 boy names on a shortlist but can’t decide on a combination. We only want 1 middle name and something that goes well with our daughters name.
Our choices are: Reuben, Isaac & Seth.
Now as much as we love all three names, I have issues with them all.
The more and more I say Isaac out loud, the more it sounds like “I suck” and with our surname being Richards, I can’t bare the thought of someone saying “I suck d*icks” :doh:
Seth is lovely but we’d like to be able to use a nickname and I feel like it’s too short as a first name.
Reuben is our current favourite but it just doesn’t “feel” right. :oooo: neither my partner or myself can imagine us with a son named Reuben.
I know I’m really fussy but I just don’t want to regret what I name my children.
It’s important to us to have less common names as my partner and I both have very common names as well as a common surname.
What combination does everyone prefer and do you have any other suggestions?
Names we cannot use for various reasons include: Quinn, Joseph, Thomas, Stephen, Miles, Lucas, Dylan, Samuel, Christopher & Scott.

We’d really appreciate you opinions and input, thanks. :)

Last edited:
I love Seth. My favourire by a mile and I don't think not having a natural shortening matters as he may get a nickname totally unrelated to his actual name anyway.

Hugo, Hugh/Huw, Gethin, Gruff/Griff, Mason, Luke, Niles, Fergus, Flynn, Finn, Ethan, Cole, Wilfred, Edward?

I think issac reuben would be nice

I'm not a fan of the name seth at all but that's just me

Seth is nice, I don’t think it matters if you can shorten the name or not for a nickname. In fact, I think I’d like to be able to not shorten the name :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back