Camping with a baby

Spuggy

Reaction score
Hi there,

We have decided to do the brave or stupid task of going camping with our 9 month old boy. I thought it was a good idea when he was younger but now the trip is round the corner I am not so sure. Does anyone firstly have any tips and seconly know where I can get some of these items cheap:

Waterproof trousers
a sleeping sac which (or not sure what else to put him in as he is a wriggle bum in his cot).

Anything else you recommend?

Thanks

Sounds exciting n very brave. But who knows, he might be loving it n behave better then ever!

We went camping at the start of July and zac loved it! He loved the freedom being able to crawl about, loved the tent and loved the camp fire.

My tips would be :- take a travel cot for him to play in when you need to cook etc, and if it fits in your tent, put him to sleep in it.
It can get really cold at night so make sure you take a thick gro-bag and some extra blankets.

Have a great time xxx

Inwas just going to start a thread like this!!!! I'm going camping next Friday, seemed a good idea when we booked it and now I'm dreading it! Hope you have a fab time chick x

Take lots of blankets, it gets really cold at night :)

We went camping this time last year, actually we stayed in a pod! AJ would have been 1 1/2yrs.
We used a children's sleeping bag for him but tucked him up with a blanket inside it.
We took extra's of everything for AJ
Oh and take a bucket of some sort so LO can have a bath :) AJ likes a shower but it was too cold and drafty for him, he preferred a stacker box bath!

Can I ask what the waterproof trousers are for?

We've a caravan - I cant wait to take Evie to Cornwall next year :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back