Calpol to a prem baby?

rakrak

Reaction score
My son was born 6 weeks early and he is now 8 weeks old. He is due to have his first lot of injections on Tuesday and I was advised to have Calpol in incase he feels a bit off colour afterwards. However when I bought it, the label says that its only suitable for babies over 2 months old and its not for premature ones...

Any advice on what I could give him? Can he have a half dose?

oh my, hard one!! ask the doctor after the injection, jacob was fine without though xx

thanks for that. was told to just get it in as a precaution so hopefully he won't need it xx

Well my lil man (born 12 weeks early) had just been readmitted to hospital and was due his 1st jabs, and I nearly swear they gave him calpol as a precautionary so they can have it. But do consult your Hv/dr though xxx

He can have a half dose I think, my LO was born nearly 13 weeks early and they gave her calpol for her first jags , but it was a smaller amount

my son was 5 weeks early and at his first jabs at 8 weeks they said it was fine to give him calpol, but i agree with Nickvalentine, best to ask.
XxX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back