Calling all Mums who are 5ft 7 and a half or thereabouts!

Mildly

Reaction score
I am about to buy my gym ball off ebay but was wondering about which size. I know the guidelines are those who are 5ft 8 and above should buy a 75cm one instead of a 65cm one. As I am exactly 5ft 7 and a half inches, I wondered if going for the larger ball would be the better option as I also have fairly long legs. I didn't want to get one that is uncomfortable to sit on so just wondered whether anyone around my height had any advice on which size to get. Thanks :D

You can always under inflate it a little perhaps if need be?

I'm 5'9 and had the 75 cm one and it was great. If you have long legs I'd be inclined to get the larger size one and you need to tilt forward and have your hips higher than your knees when using it.

I'm 5ft7 and got 65 cm one. Mines puumped up pretty firm so that my hips are higher than my knees, I don't have particulary long legs though so you might be best getting the larger ball :D

Alex xxx

Thanks for the replies :D , I think I will go for the 75cm one. As Sherlock says I can always under inflate :D

I was tempted then to ask you to measure your legs Alex as I;m starting to doubt whether mine are long now but I won't :oops: :D I always buy 34 inch trousers which fit nicely so I reckon the 75cm one will be fine :)

I am 5'7 and a half inches, my trousers are always about 31 inches. I got a 75cm ball and just inflated to what I needed :)

Im 5ft 8 but cant help at all as I dont have one lol!
Just wanted to join the group hee hee :D

:lol: We are a very exclusive club us '5ft 7 and a half inches or thereabouts' ladies :D

I bought my gym ball last night mostly because it said 'Yoga Gym balls are also used for Child Labour' in the item description which made me laugh :lol:

Mildly said:
Thanks for the replies :D , I think I will go for the 75cm one. As Sherlock says I can always under inflate :D

I was tempted then to ask you to measure your legs Alex as I;m starting to doubt whether mine are long now but I won't :oops: :D I always buy 34 inch trousers which fit nicely so I reckon the 75cm one will be fine :)

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I usually buy a 31inch leg so you are long legged, lucky bugger! :D

ASD123456 said:
Mildly said:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
I usually buy a 31inch leg so you are long legged, lucky bugger! :D

Yay! :D Although if it's any consolation it means my bump is bigger because I have a shorter torso. I am going to be huge by the end and look stupidly out of proportion :lol:

Thanks Babylicious, may I ask if you are a long legged 5ft7? :D

Hey Mildly, I am 5'71/2 too, and long in the leg, I didnt buy a birthing ball but used a big one in labour and found it brilliant, I hardly got off it until I had to to be monitored, and will def get one to bounce about on for the next time (! :shock: ) It would be really awkward if it was too small too, so I would go for the larger one.
I'm so excited for you, your preg seems to be going quickly, although prob not for you lol :lol:

geta bigger one,.,.im 5ft8.. deffo need bigger coz it screws ur hips

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back