Caitlyn Jessica Spurgeon 05/05/08 19.51 4lb 9oz-ICS NOW ADD

1sttimemum

Reaction score
Hi all

Well me and Caitlyn are home and settling in.

|Here is my birth story, i will try and keep is as short as possible :lol:

I was admitted to hospital with mild pre-eclampsia at 36+3 (friday) and told they were going to keep me in until i got to 38 weeks when they would induce me. My bp was constantly rising and i was on the highest dose of medication to keep it regulated and it wasnt working, on the saturday i noticed my face had gotten puffy also, i mentioned this to the midwife, on the sunday things started to get progressively worse, the midwife took my bloods and checked my urine and bp, i had 4+'s of protein and high bp and wasnt due my medication until another 8 hours, so they gave me a stock dose there and then!!

The doctor came to see me and told me i now had severe pre eclampsia and started talking about inducing me there and then, i had an internal and was told my cervix was favourable but posterior!!

The midwife came back at 10pm and gave me the prostyn and steroid injections for the babies lungs just in case :shock: that stung, i had trouble getting to sleep that night and eventually dropped off and was woken at 3am with mild period pains, i asked for some paracetamol and had a wonder, i managed to get back to sleep and was then woken again at 6am for the second prostyn and another steriod injections and all my checks, i had high bp again also 4+'s protein, so i had the prostyn and relaxed in bed. The registrar came to see me at 12.30 and told me they wernt happy with the way things were progressing and they were taking me to labour ward at 2pm to break my waters :shock: :shock: i was going to have my baby at 36+6!!

I gathered all my stuff together and got myself ready - we were taking down to labour ward at 2pm were i was scared half to death by the sheer reality of what was happening to me, we had a lengthy discussion with one of the midwives about what was going to happen and how it was going to be done.

I got settled and the midwife broke my waters at 2.35pm on 05/05/08 i was then put on to the syntocin drip to start my contractions off. The MW took 3 attemps to do this as my veins kept collapsin and jeez did that hurt.

I was on the monitor for the babies heartbeat as well, when the drip was up on its max dose i was having up to 6 STRONG contractions per 10 minutes and the baby was getting distressed, her heartbeat was going from a baseline of 140 down to 86, the doc was called in and she said she wanted to get a true reading by getting some blood from the babies head and that id have to keep real still :shock: i was put in the stirrups and was told i was 4cm dilated. The doc took 3 attemps to get the babies blood as she wasnt getting enough, whilst she was doing this, i could sense everyone was panicking around me, i was high on gas and air and i said to my partner, the baby is coming isnt it, he said yes, i had gone to 9cm dilated in 5mins.

So they prepped for the delivery and i started saying i wanted more pain relief and i couldnt do it, i needed them to help me, meaning the apparatus :rotfl:

It took 3 pushes on gas and air only and Caitlyn Jessica was born into the world at 19.51 05/05/08 weighin 4lb 9oz, 5 hours 16 mins in labour, my OH cut the cord and told me what sex she was, the only requests i made!!! we had a quick skin to skin contact and she was taken away for 5 resucitation breaths of oxygen - not sure what this meant?! Although i do remember that when she was delivered, she didnt scream :?

\We stayed in the hospital for 2 nights due to her being early and having low birth weight and low blood sugar levels - she is fine now, we came home on 07/05/08.

We were breast feeding for the first 5 days but she started to struggle to latch on to my boob - i felt really bad but had to make the decision to swap her to formula as feeding was a stressful not happy event for both of us, i am going to try and still express though!!

Caitlyn.jpg

n859985573_2965139_8205.jpg

n859985573_2965143_9281.jpg

n859985573_2965142_9010.jpg

wow

Its great to see an induction story. Sounds like you went through the mill with your PE. And then with the scares while you were in labour!

Well done. 3 pushes! You did great :cheer: :hug: :cheer: :hug:

:cheer: Congrats on your little girl! Beautiful name by the way. Glad everything is ok with both of you :hug: xx

Huge congratulations - what a shock to have to be induced ahead of time but at least you got your baby early :cheer:

Congratulations :cheer: sounds like you did really well under the circumstances :hug: :hug:

congratulations on your little girl! im glad everything went smoothly! :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Congratulations sweetie i know how tough it was and you came out the other side with a lovely Daughter
well done Joanne :clap:

sarah :hug: :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back