C - sections (didnt know where to put this)

I really don't like the thought of an epidural. I had a lumbar puncture 5 years ago in my spine and it was painful, really painful. That experience kind of puts me off.

Hi Babsi

Epidural nothing like a lumbar punch. i think it can be uncomfortable to have one during contractions as you have to roll into a ball on your side (is that right), but it is in no way as painful as that.

My friend was in labour and she had her DH and mum in with her. they told her mum that it would be another 9 hours before anything happened and sent her home. meanwhile Mandi had an epidural and Bobs your uncle half an hour later Rebecca made her appearance. so i do think that sometimes an epidural can speed it all up. what do other ladies thin about that?

xx

tracyM said:
Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction - where your ligaments let your pelvis and hips fall apart. Mine is only only a niggle at the moment, but I know as I get nearer the end, mum and I will be arguing over her mobility scooter and walking frame.

Hahahah this made me giggle! I haven't tried that or heard f it - doe sit really work? Mine is agony already, but I had dislocated hips when I was born and they aren't sure if that's why mine's worse so quick.

I too get out of cars like a bloke and sit cross legged - I'm an awkward bugger - I never wear skirts coz I'd have my bits of show with the way I normally sit :lol:

Davina - Don't know if I have a high spain threshold - I think I'm just mad lol. keep going I do - can't give up. needles - now they just make me cringe and I just hate the feeling of someone touching that part of my back as it is without someone sticking a big spacer in there and then a tube :shock: give me the shivers just thinking about it lol :(

Hi Sami

The best thing is, is that you dont see any of it, and it is much better than a general. Where i had Joshua DH wasnt allowed in until i had had the spinal block and i was laying on the table with my glory showing. Lovely image LOL. There was 19 people in that tiny room with me, they decided to let students in there (without consulting me). I have a bit more knowledge now and i will control the situ more.

Does SPD cause your hips to lock?

Yes quite often my hips do lock, or give way (usually my right side). Often when I wake up it's very hard to move and get out of bed - I have to try and slide to the side of the bed which is interesting to watch when I'm half asleep! :lol: I have lower back ache constantly and pelvic pain. It hurts to walk upsatirs or sit/stand in any position for too long. I have to get up and down all day. It almost feels like I need to lick all my joints to releive the pressure - but I can't, and when they do click it hurts like mad.

It wasn't always this bad and some days it isn't too bad, but it is getting steadily worse as my doctor said it would :(

Do you get hip lock then hunnie? x

Hi Sami

No fortunately i dont suffer with this but i just wondered if that was one of the symptoms. Do you suffer when you are not pregnant. I know that you said being pregnant makes it worse, but does that mean that you suffered frequently before.

It sounds so painful and i know that i am lucky not to have this. I had sciatica for about 5 weeks with baby number one and that was painful enough.

xx

Hi Sami

I hope that you dont mind me asking.

The lady that had Brooke, was she a genuine person, as i have heard loads of conflicting things about her.

It's just that she is advertising wristbands and keyrings to show support for people who have had miscarriages.

sorry for asking

xx

As long as they don't show me the needle, I'll be fine. I had an amniocentesis with Callum, and silly me asked to see the needle before it went in. I laid there, looking at my belly with this giant needle stuck in my belly, absolutely cr@pping myself. OH had to remind me to breathe.

My hips don't lock as such, but I know that they're going to hurt so much when I do move them that I make them lock, if that makes any sense :?

I tried tying my knees together on Monday night after doing mums cleaning - actually, mum tied my knees together and sent me home on her scooter. She's had SPD (not pregnancy related) for years and swears by tying her knees together. It doesn't ease the pain once it's there, but it stops it getting aggravated by hip movements.

Hi Tracy

As long as you remember that your knees are tied and dont try to get anywhere fast!!!

Did you have this problem and pain before you were pregnant?

xx

davina said:
Hi Sami

I hope that you dont mind me asking.

The lady that had Brooke, was she a genuine person, as i have heard loads of conflicting things about her.

It's just that she is advertising wristbands and keyrings to show support for people who have had miscarriages.

sorry for asking

xx

Please don't ever question Jo's or Brooke's reality - who the f*ck is saying she isn't real and it didn't happen? She advertised the stuff for me too as I suffered 2 m/c's.

Sorry - she is one of my closest mates at the mo and she has had her world ripped apart.

Hi Sami

I didnt mean to offend. It was when i first went into the chat room a few weeks ago, some people were chatting about it. I have been trying to remember their names but i have chatted to so many people in there and i cant recall at the moment, if they come back to me i will let you know.

If the mother of Brooke is reading this then i am deeply sorry if i have upset or offended her. I cant imagine and hope that i never have to go through what she has had to.

xx

davina said:
Hi Sami

No fortunately i dont suffer with this but i just wondered if that was one of the symptoms. Do you suffer when you are not pregnant. I know that you said being pregnant makes it worse, but does that mean that you suffered frequently before.

It sounds so painful and i know that i am lucky not to have this. I had sciatica for about 5 weeks with baby number one and that was painful enough.

xx

Don't know sciatica is mate sorry so I can't compare the pain. - I have never suffered SPD when not pregnant but I was born with severe dislocated hips and was in a cast till I was 18months old. It's a pain in the butt! Hopefully should go soon after the birth though.

Mark isn't gonna know what's hit him when I start tying my knee's together - everyone is gonna think I'm mad!! :lol:

davina said:
Hi Sami

I didnt mean to offend. It was when i first went into the chat room a few weeks ago, some people were chatting about it. I have been trying to remember their names but i have chatted to so many people in there and i cant recall at the moment, if they come back to me i will let you know.

If the mother of Brooke is reading this then i am deeply sorry if i have upset or offended her. I cant imagine and hope that i never have to go through what she has had to.

xx

It's not you I'm pi*sed off with mate - it's whoever said it.

Everyone seems to go off at the young mums on this forum like they fake pregnancy and birth and do it for attention. Not all of them do! :evil:

Jo is the most caring, sweet person who has been through hell and back in the last few years and expecially in the last month.

She is unstable enough as it is at the moment after losing her daughter - she will break if she see's this :cry:

Dya know what..you say you dont judge on here... posting a thread advertising those bands and wristbands was to help charitys which i found on www.babyloss.com - a site for people who have lost their babies, if you wish look it up find my posts read about me abit more. i am not a f*cking liar. im so sorry brooke died and i had to tell people, what a bad person that must make me for telling people shes passed away.

i really hope none of you lot have to deal with what iv been through because you'll then know that it will tear you apart, and reading this just tops my day off.

would u like me to send a few ashes out to each and everyone of u to prove im not fucking lying. ive lost my daughter you lot on here are the last thing on my mind right now, talking on the internet to people is the only people im talking to as i still find it hard to see people. F*ck this forum and every single one of you on here that says this about me.

davina does joshua really exist or have you just made him up? - thats how it feels davina, brooke might not be here physically anymore but shes as real as your joshua is

Dya know what..you say you dont judge on here... posting a thread advertising those bands and wristbands was to help charitys which i found on www.babyloss.com - a site for people who have lost their babies, if you wish look it up find my posts read about me abit more. i am not a f*cking liar. im so sorry brooke died and i had to tell people, what a bad person that must make me for telling people shes passed away.

i really hope none of you lot have to deal with what iv been through because you'll then know that it will tear you apart, and reading this just tops my day off.

would u like me to send a few ashes out to each and everyone of u to prove im not fucking lying. ive lost my daughter you lot on here are the last thing on my mind right now, talking on the internet to people is the only people im talking to as i still find it hard to see people. F*ck this forum and every single one of you on here that says this about me.

davina does joshua really exist or have you just made him up? - thats how it feels davina, brooke might not be here physically anymore but shes as real as your joshua is

Dear Jo

I just wanted to clear things up. I just heard this in the chat room. I have not been gossiping about you.

I am so sorry that I have caused you this much distress. You have gone through something that no one would ever want to go through. I feel really awful. The only thing that I can do is to send my deepest apologies and I really hope that you can forgive me. The last thing you would want to read is threads like this. All that you should expect is threads of support.

Once again I am really really sorry for your loss and the distress that I have caused.

Davina.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back