did anyone get to hold there baby straight after a c section

bobtheunfortunateone

Reaction score
Last time I had to wait until I was in recovery, they took him and weighed him then wrapped him for my hubby to hold. Just wondered if anyone go to hold the baby straight after?

This time it looks like being a planned C Section, does that make a difference?

Hi hun

I had an emergency section with 1st she got taken away and I didnt see her for hours, so when I had a planned section I made it clear as long as baby was ok I had to hold him straight away, which I got too and was amazing!!! I would just make sure you tell them that you want the baby straight away hun

I had a c section after a 36 hour failed induction..they wrapped her up and bought her stright to me for a kiss, but took her back to check her over and weigh her (her head was mis shapen from bashing against my cervix all that time so they wanted to see all was ok), they then handed her to daddy whp was sitting next to me and we both cuddled and kissed her.

I didnt get my first skin to skin cuddle until I was taken to recovery where Ruby and daddy were waiting for me, and they slid her down inside my gown. It was the most amazing feeling ever :lol:

Just make your wishes known, I insisted OH told me the sex as we didnt know, and our midwife was brillant, she kept telling everyone to keep the sex quiet and made sure OH was the first to see so he could tell me first, that made it so special :D

It is possible - you just need to make your wishes clear to the midwife etc :D

I held her about 5 minutes after she was born. She wasn't very well and neither was I - I had an emergency section after 40 hours of labour and my condition deteriorating. Baby was fine until the surgery was started then she became stressed, and was born not breathing and unresponsive. After rescusitation she was passed to me briefly, then it was decided she needed oxygen so she was taken from me and given to OH to hold with the little oxygen mask.

I think it would be completely different if the section is planned.

Here's our new family at 5 minutes old (I do have a photo of her being lifted out of me, taken by the theatre nurse, but it's so gruesome it was censored by the last forum I put it on :oops: )
IMG_3981.jpg

i had a quick cuddle, so did daddy and time for photos before they took her and pumped her tummy and things, but they returned her to me after i was sticthed up and pushed back to recovery.

I held her for a couple of minutes before they took her off, My DH said that they then gave her to him for a very quick cuddle (he wasnt allowed in the theatre), I then didnt see her for about 8 hours as in Greece they automatically put the babies in an incubator for a couple of hours and I didnt wake until about 6 hours after the birth and then there were no available nurses to bring her to me!nn

I sort of half-held her after my section (it was planned) but tbh I was so all over the place it only seemed like 2 minutes til i was holding her in recovery :lol:

i got a quick look n a kiss but it was an e section.. tbh i wasnt quite with it anyway from the shock of the situation...

mayday said:
(I do have a photo of her being lifted out of me, taken by the theatre nurse
omg put a piccy up i wanna seeeeeeeeeee :D bet its an amazing photo

:shock: That pic is fab!!! OMG how amazing are we to produce babies!! brings it back when you see the first moments like that! :hug: :hug:

WOW!!!

I had a section, and always wondered what it looked like the other side of the screen, that piccie makes it all seem real now!! Thanks for sharing :hug:

that is an amaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaazing picture, thank you for sharing!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Wow mayday thats kind nice to have a picture, but then again I'm abit weird, My Hubby said he wasn't too bloody but I didn't care, I like to know whats going on, quite happy for them to have a mirror on the roof so I can see, but they cannot let you! Maybe I can get a video camera in? :think:

I got a quick flash of him and my hubby had a hold, but I read a few people who got a hold straight away. I have requested it in my notes. and will see what my 28 weeks scan shows, then I will let them know too.

Thanks for the help, I was lucky last time, easy ride really, no labour pains, went in at 6cm dilated was still not convinced I was in labour! then within an hour I had him. Hopefully planned will be just as easy, just felt It would have been nice to hold him, blood and gunk!

What an amazing photo!!! wish id of been able to get a photo like that!

With my first section I got to hold the baby straight away. With my second my other half got to hold him straight away and he went skin to skin under my OH's theatre gown.

I held George (my second) in recovery but I got to stroke him in the theatre and OH put him real close to my head.

Good luck! :hug:

Mayday - fab photo. :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back