C section - Q about surgical stockings

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
I had a C section just over 2 weeks ago - I have worn the flight socks 9to avoid DVT) every day and night since then. How long do I wear them for. Various MWs and HVs have differed in advice. Couple said as long as you can bear to, as long as I am movign aroundno need to, couple said 2 weeks, 1 said 6 weeks.

Anyone got any advice? Thanks.
BF x

i was told 6 weeks hun and i think i lasted 5

I was told I didn't have to wear them anymore when I went home (day 5) as I'd be more mobile. :think:

i only had them on in the hospital as they say to stay mobile so only 3 days

I only had them while I was in hospital, which was 8 days. And they were manky cos they wouldn't let me have another pair!

5 days in hozzie...

I did have some leg pain once I was home, and my midwife who was doing house visits advised me I should of been wearing them at home, but no one told me :roll:

were u supposed to waer them after hospital!?

My god :shock:

lol... i never wore them after hosp...

i didnt evan know about them till now...thats worrying...

mind you i had a needle everyday to stop clotting?? why wasnt i offered the stockings :evil: lol

how very dare they hehe

I didnt get offered any either!! :think:
I did get a jab every day to stop blood clots though?

Yes I had the jabs too whilst in hospital. Was given a pair of stockings to take home, but bought 2 pairs extra from boots as original pair were minging after 9 days of wear!! :oops: too worried to leave them off for a day to wash.

I have HV visiting tomorrow, will ask her.
BF x

I never had the jab as it stings like hell and only wore the stockings for the of the actual section as soon as i was able to walk (8 hours after the section) i was away up the ward and in and out of bed.
I had a shower the next morning and never put them back on, i was never told to wear them at home either. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back