Buying things

batgirl3111

Reaction score
I am only 15 weeks but I was just wondering when people start buying things for their baby to be? This is my first and so don't have a clue when it is normal to start thinking about this stuff.

I've only just started buying baby items, I know quite a few women who have already got everything sorted out at the stage where I am now.

What I would suggest at this stage is to pick up catalogues, browse through the internet, check out the shops, just to help you decide on which brands to buy. And then take it from there.

Happy shopping!

Theres a lot to buy so i would advise starting early and buying a couple of things a month so you don't get a huge bill all in one go! If you are going to find out the sex at the 20 week scan i would wait until after that as then you can buy the right colour. If you're planning a suprise then get shopping girl!!!

Alfie
xxx

Thanks - I have to admit to having started looking at things. Ideally we would have liked to spread the cost of it all as it gets very expensive but we don't want to jinx anything either.

You only think about jinxing things with your first. I can remember with my first I wouldn't have anything in the house, cot pram etc as it was bad luck. With subsequent pregnancies (this will be baby 3) it's already there, the cot is still up, the pram/pushchair still being used so I wouldn't worry about jinxing. I'm sure everything will be just fine.

xx

Thanks - that makes me feel better. I will start having a look around.

I started baby shopping while TTC!! so I don't think 15 weeks is too early. We have absolutley everything we need now (thanks to the weekend just past) and I'm 30 weeks so honestly without spending thousands in one go it's best to start sooner, spread the costs involved.

Go shopping!!! Believe me when your bigger and tired at the end, you won't want to go. Went to mothercare yesterday and looked at 3 different pushchairs and was starting to get fed up at the end and I am not into 3rd trimester yet! (proberbly because I was chasing Abbie around the shop looking for her barbie car!!!) Enjoy the experience and excitement whilst you still have energy.

since i was around 19 weeks i was just browsing through catolouges and the internet. ive brought half the stuff at the weekend just gone. and im going back shopping soon. so when every you like sweetie :)
xnatx

This is our first as well, and I don't feel like I want to buy anything until we get to 24/25 weeks - the whole jinxing thing is on my mind. The only thing we have done is ordered our pushchair as we got the car seat thrown in for free at the Baby Show in Birmingham a few weeks ago. We're going for a Bugaboo Chameleon in black and red :D The only reason I agreed to the order was that they offer a 100% refundable deposit if anything goes wrong.

So, i have no intention of buying anything else for a while yet. A good friend of mine is 37 weeks and they just went out last weekend and bought everything in one go! We'll probably make sure we have everything by about 34/35 weeks.

Doesn't stop me browsing the web though and deciding what we want to buy :D I don't want to go to any shops until we get to 20/21 weeks - the whole jinxing thing again :roll:

I started buying quite early on, and now I nearly have everything.
But after a row with my OH, I totted up how much I had spent and it was nearly £1700 - and thats just essentials! So I would advise to start sooner rather than later to spread out the cost.
Also because of the timing, my bump is gonna be huge in the summer months, and I didn't want to be trudging around the shops in that state later on in pregnancy.

Have fun shopping! :hug:

Piglet xx

i not sure when i strted but kept buying things every month as thats when i get paid.

ive stopped buying clothes now cause not sure what the gender is, but everything we have bought is suitable for both genders :D

buggys black from babiesrus and clothes from woolies,stewarts and many other inc charity ones got some bargains there :lol:

borrowing a bath and moses basket from step sister.

got free changing bag from boots.

other essential stuff like nappys and wipes,soothers and getting bottle warmer from boots soon :) bits and bobs im buying now what i think we need :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back