bump pain when i sneeze and get up too quickly

loz

Reaction score
i have been worrying a bit about getting some pain in my bump when i sneeze or get up from lying flat. It doesnt happen everytime and goes away quickly but i am quite worried that it could be a bad sign. Does anyone else get this? I am going to ask the GP next week as well.

i've had it right from getting pregnant - in fact, pain when i sneezed / coughed was one of my first symptoms... my MW just said it was ligament pain and nothing to worry about

x

I get it too and have done in every pregnancy - worse on my right side I instinctively hold that side when I am going to sneeze now - probably ligament stretching but best to get checked out to put your mind at rest :)

I used to get this too. I ended up holding my belly when I sneezed. It did make a bit of a difference, but it was still abit sore at times. xxx

Hold your belly at the bottom when you cough/sneeze etc.. it makes a world of difference becuse otherwise it really feels like something is being ripped on the inside, don't you think?

I've had this on and off throughout. I was also worried as this is my first pregnancy so everything is new! I was told by my midwife and consultant that it was nothing to worry about as long as the pains went away quickly. They put it down to everything stretching

I get this when I sneeze too - although I have no bump yet. I get a sharp pain on my left hand side

thanks guys, it is probably ok but I will mention it to the Dr next week just in case x

DebbieM said:
Hold your belly at the bottom when you cough/sneeze etc.. it makes a world of difference becuse otherwise it really feels like something is being ripped on the inside, don't you think?

good tip thats just what I was going to say :D

It's probably round ligament pain, i get it when I cough or turn over in bed too quickly, nothing to worry about :D

My pain in now at my right hand side when I sneeze :(

I get these pains too and managed to pull my tummy muscles last week which was really sore. Not sure how Idid it but midwife said to be careful getting up - use your arms to push yourself upright so you dont use your tummy muscles, cos all your ligaments are softer than they would normally be its apparently easier to overstretch yourself.
I am using this as a great excuse to get OH to be chivalrous and help me up from the sofa, bed etc - he is gonna look like He-man by next March the size I am getting! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back