Bump nicknames......

keelie_b

Reaction score
Feeling a little low and need cheering up :)

I know we all have interesting nicknames for our bumps, i'd like to know some!

and i want reasons as well!!

Mine is sonic. when i had a scan at 9 weeks you could see a circle where its head was and a circle where its legs were so looked like sonic running. It stuck big time everyone phones asking "hows Keelie?, and hows Sonic?"

Its a bit wierd but i like it. just worried it might stick if its a boy :shock:

So whats your bump called and why?

mine is jelly baby as thats what it looked like in my scan at 10 weeks, just look at the piccy in my sig :)

My bump has recently been named "Tiglet" as he/she was jumping all over the place like Tigger at the scan!

We just call ours Bubba. We do refer to it as 'he' though even though we are team green!

We call our James Junior - have no idea whether boy or girl, but my wife started saying James Junior, and that is what stuck!!!

Jimmer

We have the most original, unique name for ours.........................

BUMP!!!!

We call ours Buck, and have since before conception. When we were ttc, I asked my fiance what names he liked, and he said "we'll just name it buck" I said "what if it's a girl?" He said "buckette?" lol. We know now it's a girl, but every once in awhile, she's still called Buck

For some weird reason we decided to call the bump Horatio Lord Nelson, but mostly refer to it as just Horatio

It's just 'bumpy' :think: bump with the 'ie' to make it sound cute. Only been called that since about 16-17 weeks when I at least had some tiny resemblence of a bump....before that it was 'blob' :rotfl: because that's what it looked like :lol:

If I jokingly call him lumpy other half goes spare :rotfl:

We call ours Ali (as in mohammed).... just because she kicks and punches constantly :roll:

Our's has been Peanut since our first scan when it looked like a little peanut! Been shortened to Pea over time though!

S x

Grace (10 months) calls our twins "Buh"
We don't have nicknames for the twins on the way 'cos we've got names for them anyway, so we call them those :)

We either call in Smudge or bebe (like in a french accent!)

OOh i liked them they made me laugh. especially Jessir79 with "Buckette"
:rotfl:
I had to read it out to everyone thats great!

anymore for anymore?

Ours has been Bloblet since a scan at 5 n a bit weeks (for something completely different) showed our little bloblet in its sack...But when am talking to Bloblet I call him baby and little man and sometimes just recently I call him Henry cos thats what we thinking of calling him :D

We nicknamed ours Turnip because a family friend calls my OH Turnip and she once said hows little turnip doing? So we were saying it was either a Tina or Timmy Turnip until our 20w scan. Then I insisted on calling him by his name so we get out of the habit by the time James is born.
With my last one his nickname when I was pregnant was Demon.... Ooops I will admit I still call him that at the age of 10y and have had to shorten it to "D" in recent years as shouting "Demon" very loudly down the street when its time for tea isn't such a good look!!! :rotfl:

Sarah xxx

Ours is Whitey. We saw the Bodyworlds exhibition when I was about 5 weeks which includes real embryos and they were all little white blobs so we call it Whitey.

I like it a bit too much now though and what to call it Whitey when it's born :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back