Bump-friendly coats

UmmAli

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

I went shopping today and I was looking 4 a coat that would hopefully cover my winter-bump... but the only candidates I found look like rubbish bags!...NOT a good look for me cos I'm already a size 16-18 :(

If you found something cute for the winter please share!!!

However, I accidentally found this Blooming Marvellous little shop and bought this: http://s7ondemand4.scene7.com/s7ondeman ... height=550

MY FIRST BABY RELATED ITEM!!! ----> I'm excited!:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I've been looking for a decent maternity coat too but not found anything suitable.

I might have to go further afield cos our local town centre only has a small maternity range in Debenhams and Dot P's :roll:

I've been having exactly the same problem, got in a right mood at the weekend coz no normal coats would would fasten across my bump, I'm normally a size 12 & a size 16 was too tight & kept popping open :doh:

Hmmm... it doesn't look too good does it?...

...maybe I should just give up, buy myself one of those huge ponchos and accept I'm gonna look like a tent.... :(

UmmAli said:
Hmmm... it doesn't look too good does it?...

...maybe I should just give up, buy myself one of those huge ponchos and accept I'm gonna look like a tent.... :(

My mum said that, you'll have to do a 'Posh' & get a poncho :rotfl:

I bought a great big long black cardigan from primark at the weekend on the basis it was only £10 and I could button it and belt it above the bump and leave it open below.

I haven't been able to find a coat though :roll:

im so annoyed , i got a lovery coat from dot p last year , long grey parker type, but its was snug and there's no way its gonna go over a bump lmao

I think I'm going to have to make do with fleece jumpers and coats! Plenty of stretch! I am always over-hot though at the moment so I'm still in short sleeves. Hopefully will be able to fit into pre-pregnancy non-stretch coats when the baby is born in November!

I am sure I have seen little coats that do up quite high and sort of flare out so there should be room for bumps but they all seem quite short.
I am gutted cos I have just realised my fave red wool coat wont fit me cos it zips up so I cant even hold it closed with one or two buttons DOH!
That poncho idea is seeming a bit more appealing all of a sudden.....

Was thinking of a winter coat too. Let me know if you find anything :hug:

i've had the same problem and i like to stay up to date with fashion which is even harder (especially on a budget) when pregnant. but i went in evans and got this gorgeous black wool coat for 50 quid a size bigger but theres a good few inches for me to grow into, fingers crossed it will last the winter, looks kinda big on me now but what other choice do we have but to get bigger sizes if there are no maternity coats???!!!

I got two great coats in Primark. They do up just above the bust and then flare out like smock tops. They are so comfy and fashionable too. Plus they were only £15 each - thats why I bought both as I couldn't decide which to get. One is black and knee length, the other is purple velvet and waist length. Primark change there stock regularly though so you'd better be quick!

Katie Ann said:
I got two great coats in Primark. They do up just above the bust and then flare out like smock tops. They are so comfy and fashionable too. Plus they were only £15 each - thats why I bought both as I couldn't decide which to get. One is black and knee length, the other is purple velvet and waist length. Primark change there stock regularly though so you'd better be quick!

I was just about to come on an say the same thing :lol: is your knee length got brown buttons?
I got a black short one though!
x

Yes, it sounds like the same one - with a little buckle on the back.
They had quite a few different colours - purple, black, green/blue...

Primark is great! Check out the cute baby stuff too - I got some really cut fluffy yellow socks, I just couldn't resist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back