bump drop/head down and in position?

Loulabelle

Reaction score
how do you know if this has happened and the baby is in position? does it feel a certain way or can you literally just tell by the position of your bump? Ive been feeling little twinges much lower down over the last week, and i keep getting little 'punches' on or near my bladder as i keep feeling like im gunna wet myself! xx

My baby is now 3/5 engaged and has been for a few weeks and I didn't know until the midwife told me! She's had her head down for the majority of the pregnancy too. The only thing that changed between the appointments of her being engaged and not for me was that I started to get pains like period pains and as time goes on I get have them more and more and they hurt more. I'm sorry that's not much help :-(

how do you know if this has happened and the baby is in position? does it feel a certain way or can you literally just tell by the position of your bump? Ive been feeling little twinges much lower down over the last week, and i keep getting little 'punches' on or near my bladder as i keep feeling like im gunna wet myself! xx

I've been getting the same feelings as you Loulabelle! I'm considering a waterproof sheet for the sofa as we just got new ones!

Even the mw don't know..thy said my baby was head down 4/5 engaged and my baby has been breach all along!! Wasn't until my 38 week appointment that they decidedd to send me of for a scan and that was only because they couldn't find the heartbeat at first- I told them I got more little movements lower down. So they checked for the hartbeat again and it wa above my belly button, so they thought ah, might be breach. They intially were going to say the head was 3/5 engaged...but that was babes bum/feet.

My bump has always been low, so there isn't any really "dropping" your bump just look a different shape depending on which was it's lying.x

thanks ladies!

haha Lauren, we've just got a new bed - I may have to invest also!!! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back