bubs position

confuzed 88

Reaction score
hi ladies hope your well.
just need abit of advice. I went hospital with reduced movement and found out bubs is in a transverse position, which i suspected for weeks as i can always feel him bashing his head on one side n legs on the other, never felt the kicks higher up in my ribs, mw in triage said next mw appt I need his position checked to make sure he still isnt in that position, now wat happens if he is? does that mean he won't turn round so his head can engage? anyone else been through the same?bubs being in a transverse lie and then turning around in time and engaging their head, or could this mean c-section?? I'm bloody scared of that thought of being cut open, I want the baby the natural way :)

I'm pretty sure that my lo is head up ( breach) as he was a 24 weeks when I had my private scan and all the movement seems in the same area! Although on my last docs she has put ceph and midwife put ceph with a question Mark next to it! So I guess il see today as I have my 34 week appointment today. I think if baby doesn't move they will scan and the look at other options like turning or c section. Sorry I'm not much help! I may be in the same boat after my appoint today il let u know x

Hey there,

Mine was breech at my last appointment at 30 weeks. Have another appointment on Wednesday and dying to know if it's moved! I think it's transverse as all the kicking seems to be to my right side too.

I asked what would happen if bubs didn't move and they said that if it was still breech at 36 weeks I should try Acupuncture as this has turned a lot of babies apparently and if this doesn't work, they would do the turning (ECV I think it's called). If that fails then I think it would have to be a c section. In saying that, there is a consultant at my hospital who will deliver a breech baby vaginally if circumstances will allow. Keep us updated and I'll let you know if mine has moved too!
xx

oh I hope I don't have to go through all of that, according to my 28week appt, he was head down but obv mw was getting it wrong, I have 34week appt next week, will find out wat to do, as I Googled transverse lie and there's some scary stuff about what could happen if waters break etc n he still in transverse lie :'( hope I get sent for a scan to make sure everything is ok x

hey ladies, i've just had my first anti-natal class and we spoke about this and how we can try to get them to move, the mw said they best and easiest way is to get on knees and place forearms along ground (like it shows you in the nhs booklet for tummy exercises!) and to move your hips in a figure or 8! it apparently helps the baby turn naturally :) she also said if its first baby they will generally move around till up to 36weeks but if second+ it could be up till days before the labour! also said to sit up as straight as possible as it helps stop baby from going back to back as it bring the heaviest part of baby's head forwards! hope that helps!

Hey just got back from my appoint they THINK he is head down but still not sure! She said if at 36 weeks they don't know il go for a scan ! I won't opt for the external moving I don't think cause I heard some scary things I think I'd rather have the c section if it came to it but still got a fe more weeks yet x

I'm the same hun, my little man has been lying across me for as long as I can remember, apart from a brief couple of days where he turned head down around 28 weeks, but he's now back sideways, I get kicks and punches on my left and right hand side atm. Am hoping on Thursday at my MW appointment she tells me he's moved, but I'm not holding out much hope! It's obviously comfy for them ey :) Makes childbirth interesting though, lol. I hope LO turns for you.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back