Babys position

Rachel1509

Reaction score
For the past few weeks, I've noticed that LO is in the transverse lie position. He was like this at my 4D scan and hasn't moved since (that I've noticed). I always get movement in my lower stomach on both sides, so this confirms he's laid across me.
I was looking through my emails today and there were the usual junk, and some from Mothercare/Pampers etc about my weekly stage of pregnancy. Almost all of them said that my baby is probably in the head down position now ready for birth! This worried me, so I googled about it and read some pages saying that around week 29-30 baby should be in head down position or at least breech, and if they aren't, it becomes more difficult for them to get into it from now on because of the cramped space.

Should I be worried? Is there anything I can do to help encourage him to move?
The thought of not been able to deliver naturally scares the hell out of me! :(

Last edited:
Speak to ur midwife. U should have an appt soon. I've heard being on all fours is supposed to help, as long as u think ur oh can resist! Lol!

There are some positions you can try that will encourage the baby to move - when the baby is active try getting down on all fours with your back straight and relax your tummy so it is literally hanging - this will give the baby plenty of room to move - my hypnobirthing lady told me to do that 3 times a day for 30 mins at a time but I have yet to find the time to do it that much :)

I wasn't too worried about it because I thought it didn't matter until week 36. But since reading all that today I've started panicking because I really don't want to be told I can't give birth naturally, I'd be utterly devastated :(

Gonna try what's been suggested in a bit once LO has woke up.

Speak to ur midwife. U should have an appt soon. I've heard being on all fours is supposed to help, as long as u think ur oh can resist! Lol!

Yeah next MW appointment is on 11th. Got antenatal classes this Thursday too - would they be able to suggest anything for me too?
Gonna try the all fours position - OH is a total sex pest recently, so wish me luck!! :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back