Bruising and Anti-depressants

lucyk

Reaction score
I have been on amitriptaline for 7 weeks now. The past week i keep getting bruises really easy. I called the doctors earlier and i can't get an appointment until next tuesday. Does anyone know is this a side effect?

:( MY LEGS ARE A RIGHT MESS, COVERED IN BRUISES

it can be..... your doctor may want to do blood tests to check your platelet levels (cells in your blood that help it clot)

what i would do....
Call the surgery, and politely ask to speak to the "duty doctor" or if they could please call you back, explain that you have an appointment on tuesday but don't know if your should continue the amitrip over the weekend.

They will be able to pass your message on to the oncall doctor for the practice but they will be seeign patients so you may have to wait a bit.

The dr will almost certainly tell you to continue (and you must never stop an antidepressant before speaking to your doctor because of how they work) but may suggest you get some blood tests done before you see them on tuesday :)

they may not - go with what your doctor advises :) but they will definately want you to tell them about it.

Waited for a routie dr's appointment in the end went today for some blood to be taken. Just waiting for the results now. They are going to check that it isn't my blood clotting. :?

Hope it goes ok :hug:

The blood tests will almost certainly com eback normal and it be "just one of those things" - I bruise like nothing on earth sometimes and then fine for ages - who knows :)

but it is best to get it checked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back