Brown spotting?

MrsS15

Reaction score
Since yesterday I’ve had brown discharge/when I wipe. Today I’ve had really bad cramping. I’m so insanely worried. I couldn’t get through to early pregnancy all day :( I know brown can be harmless and old blood but this is the second episode I’ve had of it (first at 5 weeks), but this time I’ve got a lot of cramping, back and front. I have a scan on Thursday but I don’t know how I’ll hold out until then :cry: I’m pretty sure I have a urine infection, I thought it was just dehydration because I’ve got hyperemesis again but I think it’s went to more. Don’t know if this could be related or not. Has anyone had this and can reassure me? :( xx

I've had a really dark brown bleed at around 11 weeks with my first and she's an adorable toddler right now! I had mentioned it to my gynaecologist at the 12 week scan and she said brown bleeding is usually hatmless. The cramping could be the uterus expanding again. I have less cramps this time around but still get then from time to time. I hope you can contact EPU and let them know, you might still be called jn before you official scan day! Good luck hun!x

Oh I've just had a UTI, and I could not have waited before going to a GP. The burning sensation while peeing was so intense that I just really needed help! Do you have cloudy or bloody urine?x

I’ve had bleeding/spotting constantly throughout this pregnancy.
I’m 21 weeks and had two episodes of brown bleeding last week but I’ve had red bleeding at 7,15 and 19. Each time I get bad backache.
Keep trying to ring your local epu for advice or just go down if you are concerned. It could be your uti or it could be your cervix has been irritated (if you’ve been intimate lately?).

Thank you both for replying!

The EPU phoned me back this afternoon (it’s a voicemail service and they call back!). She said it is usually old blood and nothing to worry about but as I’ve had cramping and this is the second episode of it, I’ve to go in to be scanned tomorrow.

@Kitana Our GPs were closed today as it’s a bank holiday but I’ll be there first thing tomorrow. My urine isn’t cloudy but I’m barely peeing at all, it’s painful to go and it’s super dark - I’m not sure if it is an infection or related to hyperemesis and not drinking much. The hospital said to get checked for ketones too incase I need IV fluids again too :(

@Aprilxxx thats so scary :( has everything been okay? Have they said a reason for the bleeding? I’ve been too ill with sickness for any intimacy unfortunately so definitely not that!

I’m so so worried about the scan tomorrow. I keep thinking the worst :cry: xx

Thank you both for replying!

The EPU phoned me back this afternoon (it’s a voicemail service and they call back!). She said it is usually old blood and nothing to worry about but as I’ve had cramping and this is the second episode of it, I’ve to go in to be scanned tomorrow.

@Kitana Our GPs were closed today as it’s a bank holiday but I’ll be there first thing tomorrow. My urine isn’t cloudy but I’m barely peeing at all, it’s painful to go and it’s super dark - I’m not sure if it is an infection or related to hyperemesis and not drinking much. The hospital said to get checked for ketones too incase I need IV fluids again too :(

@Aprilxxx thats so scary :( has everything been okay? Have they said a reason for the bleeding? I’ve been too ill with sickness for any intimacy unfortunately so definitely not that!

I’m so so worried about the scan tomorrow. I keep thinking the worst :cry: xx
Good luck with your scan! I’m sure it will be ok as the nurse said brown is usually old blood. I don’t even worry unless I see red now.
For me there is no explanation, it just happens to some women.
Let us know how tomorrow goes xxx

Back when I was around 6 weeks pregnant I spotted brown then literally gushed red blood. It was so bad I got 2 epu scans in a week! After the major gush where I was stood and blood just poured out soaking through my clothes I thought for sure the baby was gone. It took a good few weeks until all spotting and bleeding stopped.

Now I'm 38 weeks waiting for the little troublemaker to appear. Never had an explanation for why it happened but he stuck in there all the way through it.

Just want you to know there are spotting and bleeding stories with positive outcomes out there.

Good luck tomorrow hun! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!x

Thanks so much for the replies and reassurance ladies!

I had my scan yesterday. Baby was super happy, waving and kicking and flipping around. She said I have a pocket of blood at my cervix and that’s where the bleed has come from, and I can probably expect more :( but at least I know it’s not coming from the baby!

Here he/she is..

79207949-F99F-4DBA-A5AB-4F3778B44941.jpeg

I had my scan yesterday. Baby was super happy, waving and kicking and flipping around. She said I have a pocket of blood at my cervix and that’s where the bleed has come from, and I can probably expect more :( but at least I know it’s not coming from the baby!

Here he/she is..

View attachment 86553

Really happy it all went well for you and you know where the bloods from. It's such a sudden rush of relief and disbelief that the little beans still there and well after experiencing spotting/bleeding. My OH had to maneuver me to the car by my shoulders as I was in such a state of happy shock after my 2nd epu scan.

Here he/she is..

View attachment 86553
Good news! At least if you start spotting again, you will know it's harmless! Happy to hear all is well with the baby!x

Congratulations on your number 3 :)

Can't believe we are still on here ha ha! Did it take long to conceive number 3? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back