Brown spotting

purple_pianos

Reaction score
Bit of a panic today.. Having had no bleeding or issues until now (18wks today) I had a little brown discharge/spotting this morning. Not much at all and nothing when I wipe (tmi) but enough to send me loopy with worry. Got cramps now too but think that might be cos I'm worrying?! Def had none before.

Been to dr who was great listened to heartbeat and had a feel. Said its probably ok but got a scan at EPU on mon afternoon anyway.

Just wondered if anyone has any advice or had this or anything? So scared of something going wrong!

Rachxx

Know it's not the same situation as you but I have not stopped bleeding since around 11 weeks, it is mostly just brown now. Mine is coming from a polyp. Just wanted you to know that it's not always something to worry about, I'm sure you will be fine xx

I dtd once and had proper bleeding like period looking! You not done anything like that?
I'm sure it's all fine just try keep relaxed and positive :) xx

I would really try not to worry - especially when its brown, I had this early on, and they said as long as its brown its old blood, I'd imagine its probably just came from things moving and stretching - you've heard baby's heart beat so you know he/she is fine, so just try to think of this as an extra chance to see your baby! xxx

Thanks for the advice etc ladies, much appreciated.

Holly - dtd weds but is it too late for that now 2 days later??

Xx

No, it's not. With my last pregnancy I had a pretty substantial bleed at 22 weeks, which was caused when a polyp bled after dtd - 4 days after!!!

Thanks for the advice etc ladies, much appreciated.

Holly - dtd weds but is it too late for that now 2 days later??

Xx

Took me over 24 hours to bleed :) so it's probably that! :) so I wouldn't worry unless it went red etc! :) xx

Thank you! Wish I didn't have to wait til Mon for scan but hopefully will just be a chance to see baby again and be reassured!

One more q - what's a polyp? Just incase I ever need to know.

It's a small growth :) nothing dangerous, just can bleed and be Un-comfy I think! :)
Xx

Hi all,

Just to let you know all was fine, scan showed baby seemed fine. Couldn't see any reason for spotting so all ok.

Thanks for your advice :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back