Brown spotting/discharge - 14 weeks?

MissMcleodx

Reaction score
Hello ladies it's been a while since being on here!! But I wanted to pop in and say I'm 14 weeks + 1 days today! Due 5th October!

But Saturday at work noticed brown spotting/discharge when I wiped at work nothing worthy of a pad or anything like that then it tapered away, and now this morning it's come back again! I had a scan on Friday all was ok, and rang midwife and they've put me in for scan on Monday! Was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, if it's anything to worry about considering their leaving me all weekend to wait! Thank you for any replies !

Brown blood normally means old blood. I was worried in early pregnancy about something different so I went private for a scan. Do you not have a walk in early pregnancy unit? If you don't want to wait till Monday go private. Nothing worse than waiting. Hope all is ok.

Brown blood normally means old blood. I was worried in early pregnancy about something different so I went private for a scan. Do you not have a walk in early pregnancy unit? If you don't want to wait till Monday go private. Nothing worse than waiting. Hope all is ok.

I know it's my daughters birthday all this weekend so ill be worrying when we should be having a good time and there's no where I can pop in I just rang the community midwife and booked in for Monday she wasn't extremely concerned but it's not gone away at all. Private scans aren't available in our area it's miles away aswell and can't get booked in for any dates you're after! X

Just wanted to say I've had on and off brown spotting that started at week 11 and kept going for a few weeks, and everything turned out fine so far. I had scans and was checked for infections, and they never found the reason - it did stop in the end, probably around week 20 or so, and I'm now at week 34.

I still remember my midwife telling me that brown spotting is far more common than we think, and usually nothing to worry about, especially if it's small amounts - she wasn't that concerned at all, whereas I was obviously sick with worry because I'd gone on Google (sigh).

I hope your scan on Monday will go well, and try to remember that your scan on Friday didn't show any problems, so that's a really good sign.

I had a bright red bleed at 14 weeks but all was ok when they scanned me. They said it was probably my cervix.
Fx you are ok xx

Thank you ladies ! Appreciate it I will update you, it got abit worse earlier on so I went straight to A & E I have a scan first thing in the morning to check baby but they do think the spotting is from me having a urine infection! They can't be 100% they've sent my urine off to the lab for another check then they prescribe me tablets for it! Here's hoping baby is ok in morning !

Good luck, lovely.
Sounds like your hospital/midwife are taking you nice and seriously and that you'll be reassured. I have had brown blood, but not a great deal and midwife said I could have had a lot more and not be worried.
Hope it goes well.
Xxx

P.S. Midwife also said that cervix goes through so many hormonal changes, sometimes it just needs to get rid of the 'old stuff' so I am hoping this is what's going on for you too. Xxxx

Hello ladies thank you all for your concerns, had my scan and all is well baby was wiggling around on screen and was no seen cause for my spotting at all! Can enjoy my girls birthday now knowing little bubs is ok :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back