Brown discharge

MrsH

Reaction score
Hiya

Just been to the loo and noticed in my knickers that i have some light brown discharge but when i wipe there is nothing!

Anyone else had this - im not in any pain - had the normal twinges but thats it!

also had really bad constipation this morning and i was on the loo a while!

thanks

Kate

x

Hi Kate!

Sounds like old blood to me - I wouldn't worry about it, but any concerns you have call your MW, she'll reassure you :hug:

Doesn't sound like anything to worry about though, lots of women spot during pregancy xx

Doesn't sound serious. Just keep an eye on it.

Keep an eye on it, I've had exactly the same with this pregnancy since the start.

Mine has got worse and I'm persistently spotting, thankfully I've had 2 early scans (one private and one nhs) and all is well.

If it gets worse or is more persistent, definitely mention it to your GP/Midwife.

In my opinion any sort of blood should always be checked by your GP or M/W.
Its probley nothing to worry about, as brown blood is old blood and its only happened the once

I've had this a couple of times too.... it's only very very light for me though. not really discharge but there's a slight brown tinge on the paper when I wipe and usually only once.... next time I go the loo it's gone.

If I ever get it lasting more than a day I will call the MW

Hope you're allright...it did sound like old blood ... let us know you're ok :)

Hi

I've had one of the most worrying weekends ever!

Well as previously written I had the brown spotting and then had it again yesterday in my underwear and also when I wiped, so got worried called NHS direct who tol me to contact the out of hours surgery linked my own clinic, which i did and they got a doctor call me in the evening yesterday, he was very nice and asked me about it all and said that a few woman do get a bleed of somekind during pregnancy and to rest and if it gets worse to call him back. Well just before we were going to bed i went to the toilet again! and when i wiped it was red not pink - so then panic stepped in, called the doctor again who asked me was it full flow or just when I wiped, so i told him only when i wiped and there was a bit in my underwear, again he said just to get some rest as i was not in any pain whatsoever and so i went to bed, and got up this morning to a bit of brown in my underwear and also when i wiped just brown again!

Sorry for the long story! So im taking it easy today, got to go and see both Mothers but not doing anything else! Im going to see if i can get in to see my doctor tomorrow and she whats she says, just to put my mind at ease!

Kate xx

I know we just spoke on msn, but wanted to give you some :hug: :hug: :hug:

I dont want to scare you but that sounds exactly like what i went through on boxing day, in the end i went to the doctor who reffered me to hospital to have an early scan which showed that i had actually had a missed miscarriage, i had no pain just the smallest amount of bood.

I really hope this isn't the case with you but if i were you i would demand an early scan too.x.

Good luck :pray:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back