Brown discharge at 6 weeks

Natalie8964

Reaction score
Hey ladies just looking for a little advice or reassurance.

Had some brown discharge on friday, yesterday, and also some today. I have not had any significant cramping that's painful but I have been feeling the usual little niggling cramps down below. I have completed my referral and I'm waiting for a call from the midwife to arrange my booking in app. Should I be contacting my doctor? Writing this sounds really silly. And of course when you google these things there are conflicting articles! Thank you in advance x

Hi Hun, I had some brown discharge during my pregnancy with my daughter when I was 6 weeks, only a small amount, I also had lower back pain at the same time which sent me into a panic and I ended up at epu getting a scan, everything was absolutely fine and I got to see the heartbeat at 6+2, sonographer said it was probs a bit of implantation bleeding making its way out, reason it sent me into a panic was that my prev MC started with brown spotting and pain, but that got heavier and more painful and progressed to red bleeding with a few days, I would say if you have no pain and it’s just a little bit of spotting/discharge which doesn’t get any heavier everything sounds ok x

Hi Hun, I had some brown discharge during my pregnancy with my daughter when I was 6 weeks, only a small amount, I also had lower back pain at the same time which sent me into a panic and I ended up at epu getting a scan, everything was absolutely fine and I got to see the heartbeat at 6+2, sonographer said it was probs a bit of implantation bleeding making its way out, reason it sent me into a panic was that my prev MC started with brown spotting and pain, but that got heavier and more painful and progressed to red bleeding with a few days, I would say if you have no pain and it’s just a little bit of spotting/discharge which doesn’t get any heavier everything sounds ok x
Thank you so much night owl. I've got no significant pain, just the usual little cramps, not constant. There seemed to be a little more today which prompted this post. Hoping its just some old implantation blood coming out with my cm! Will see what tomorrow brings and mention it to my midwife when they call me I think xx

I had spotting and bleeding on/off from 5-18 weeks. Also had period cramps pretty much every day which also worried me to no end. Mention it to your midwife and they'll probably do bloods and send you to EPU once your 6ish weeks. I was scanned at 5+3 due to bleeding and levels being high enough they might see something. Saw heartbeat then. Had a few other scans to but they didn't bother scanning me after every bleed then. Nothing ever found on scans. But a dr thought to do an internal at 18 weeks and had a cervical ectropion. Cant say that that was the cause for all the other occasions. But definitely mention it to midwife she can put your mind at ease. I'm sure it's fine xxx

I had spotting and bleeding on/off from 5-18 weeks. Also had period cramps pretty much every day which also worried me to no end. Mention it to your midwife and they'll probably do bloods and send you to EPU once your 6ish weeks. I was scanned at 5+3 due to bleeding and levels being high enough they might see something. Saw heartbeat then. Had a few other scans to but they didn't bother scanning me after every bleed then. Nothing ever found on scans. But a dr thought to do an internal at 18 weeks and had a cervical ectropion. Cant say that that was the cause for all the other occasions. But definitely mention it to midwife she can put your mind at ease. I'm sure it's fine xxx
Thank you for your reply! It seems to have tailed off now, but I'll definitely mention it when the midwife calls. Hopefully there will be no more! X

Thank you for your reply! It seems to have tailed off now, but I'll definitely mention it when the midwife calls. Hopefully there will be no more! X

Fingers crossed. I know its hard but try not to worry. I've been a nervous wreck throughout this pregnancy after ttc for 7 years. Always thought I would enjoy it, but its constant worry. Especially when you have little niggles like bleeding and cramps. Congratulations to you and H&H 9 months xxx

Fingers crossed. I know its hard but try not to worry. I've been a nervous wreck throughout this pregnancy after ttc for 7 years. Always thought I would enjoy it, but its constant worry. Especially when you have little niggles like bleeding and cramps. Congratulations to you and H&H 9 months xxx
Bless you, yeah it's very nerve racking! Thank you and same to you! Xxx

Bless you, yeah it's very nerve racking! Thank you and same to you! Xxx

Hi Nat how are you doing? Just wanted to say with my current pregnancy at about 7 weeks i had brown discharge (i was in hospital at the time) & at 10 weeks i had a bright red bleed - was moderate i would say with 1 clot. Baby was fine. Wish you all the luck, really deserve it x (i also look forward to your preggers journal if you decide to do one)

Hi Nat how are you doing? Just wanted to say with my current pregnancy at about 7 weeks i had brown discharge (i was in hospital at the time) & at 10 weeks i had a bright red bleed - was moderate i would say with 1 clot. Baby was fine. Wish you all the luck, really deserve it x (i also look forward to your preggers journal if you decide to do one)
Hi, I'm doing alright thank you! The spotting lasted 2/3 days and went away. So I'm remaining positive that it was just my baby getting nice and comfy! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. I'm knackered, boobs are sore and starting to feel a bit sicky at times. Not getting an early scan because of last time, so a little while til we see our little peanut. I might start one after the 12 week mark I'll just see how I feel. Hope you're getting on ok! X

Hi, I'm doing alright thank you! The spotting lasted 2/3 days and went away. So I'm remaining positive that it was just my baby getting nice and comfy! I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow. I'm knackered, boobs are sore and starting to feel a bit sicky at times. Not getting an early scan because of last time, so a little while til we see our little peanut. I might start one after the 12 week mark I'll just see how I feel. Hope you're getting on ok! X

Im glad spottings gone. I am doing ok thank you :)

Glad its stopped. Hopefully you don't have any more from here on out xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back